Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question J! 1.7.3 + CB 1.7.1 + K 1.7.1: After login as administrator from forum login, not all menu items shown in Kunena menu

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by prophoto
This took me about two weeks to figure out. I have a new 1.7 site with CB and Kunena installed. When a Special group member logs in via the Kunena login form they can't see any menu items with their permissions set to Registered. Everything is fine when someone uses the CB module to login.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : redacted | author: redacted | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2009/21/6

Kunena default template details : redacted | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by prophoto
BTW I remember having a similar issue with the kunena login form on a 1.5 site for a client about a year ago. Hoping we can figure this out properly this time.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by prophoto

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

prophoto wrote: When a Special group member logs in via the Kunena login form they can't see any menu items with their permissions set to Registered.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. If you want to login via CB login (and it works) then that's good. If you want to login a different way (and it doesn't work) then what's different?

I suggest you set integration activity to "Joomla". See if that makes a difference.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by prophoto
Using the joomla setting worked but neither cb or autodetect work. Not sure if this is a bug or not, does anyone else have this problem?

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Sometimes the auto detect settings don't work. These things are a little outside our control. In those cases, it's best to experiment until you get something that fits well together for your site.

Have we now disposed of this matter to your satisfaction? In other words, is everything more-or-less all right now?

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by prophoto
Yes, its working fine, Thanks. As I said just thought it needed to be brought up in case there is a bug, especially since I had a similar issue with an earlier version of Kunena with Joomla 1.5.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by mwmills
I have this issue also and indeed setting login and registration integration to Joomla properly notifies the system (Joomla and Kunena) of the users permissions. However, there is now no integration and new registrations become a problem in CB enabled systems, they are not processed through CB, (additional required registration items) and I presume are unknown to CB login.

It would seem this is a bug,

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by prophoto
Agreed, my installation is having the same problem with the registration button. Please fix! Bug bug bug...

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
Have you changed any Joomla 1.7 ACL permissions in any way at all?

prophoto wrote: Agreed, my installation is having the same problem with the registration button. Please fix!

Can you show me where is the Kunena registration button, please.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds