Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JomSocial 2.4

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #21 by kj2010
Replied by kj2010 on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4
Hello, i only want to let you guys know that the Activity Stream is working perfectly on my site.

I cannot help you much here but if anyone needs assistance i can check my backend, settings, rules and configurations to compare it with the people who have still problems.
That's the only solution i can offer.

For your interest. I use:
- Joomla 2.5.0
- Jomsocial 2.4.2
- Kunena 1.7.2

I downloaded K 1.7.2 today and installed it via the Ext.-Man. within a few minutes.
Then i added the Forum menu item to top menu.
That's all what i did. I know this might sound strange but i have to say that everything is working perfectly and like it should.

You can check it by yourself here:

>>> www.ptcsociety.com/community/klickjobs

So, feel free to post here any infos and i will compare it with my settings.
Maybe i can help others with this to locate their problem.

Regads,
Martin
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by kj2010.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #22 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4
Nice to see someone knows how to click the right buttons ;)

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #23 by kj2010
Replied by kj2010 on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4

Jiminimonka wrote: Nice to see someone knows how to click the right buttons ;)

*hehe* ;)

Well, it is not only about clicking the right buttons, i'm sure many people are more experienced than i am but what i've learned in my early days with Mambo and Joomla is one thing: Have patience.
I can absolutely understand that there are many people outthere who want to get their site running within 1-2 days but this is not possible. I have made the most mistakes by not looking closely and reading not carefully enough.

Here in this case i have the feeling that the most problems and issues happen because of some deeper and Joomla related problems (mostly caused by the user). The 2nd reason are often modules/plugins.
I can only suggest to concentrate firstly on Joomla, the Template and Jomsocial. It took me several weeks to get these 3 things running like i wanted. But it is important that you get not a single bug, error or glitch. I solved Error500s, blank pages, timeouts, database glitches, false folder entries, imageengine=gd's, ZendFramework-Fails and a lot of other things before.
Another thing is to do one thing after another and not several things at the same time (create a To-Do list). If you struggle of an error solve it first and don't think it will be solved later automatically. Quite contrary. This will make it mostly more worst.

After 3-4 weeks working nearly daily on my new site i was sure that everything works.
Then i installed The "K" and it works as well.

I hope that noone gets me wrong here. I'm sure the most people know this all but when I can get this running then everyone else can do it. I'm no professional coder, I'm an autodidact like the most people here :)

Much success to all and happy coding!
...and anyone is free to let me know here if he needs some assistance. I will get back to you folks asap.

M.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by kj2010.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #24 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4
*** Off-topic ***

kj2010 wrote: I can only suggest to concentrate firstly on Joomla, the Template and Jomsocial

Although off-topic to the central issues covered in this discussion, I have to disagree with this approach. The approach that I would recommend to people, who are about to embark on the wonderful journey of building a website, is to decide first: Why am I building this site and what is the most important feature that I want for others to take with them after they've visited the site?

Of course, choosing Joomla and making sure that you understand how to setup a Joomla website are critical to the success of your website! And we all know that it's not simply a case of three mouseclicks and, hey-presto, instant website. When you setup Joomla, you need to pay attention to things like server performance, SEO, localisation, etc.

The second-most important factor to the success of your site is making sure that you can backup and restore the site in the event of a disaster!

The last thing that should be on people's minds is how the site will look! I cover this discussion in Which came first? The template or the forum?

I think that's an appropriate juncture for me to quietly exit this discussion (I don't want to be accused of hijacking the topic) but if people want to discuss these thoughts there are plenty of other places on the forum where that can be done. Cheers :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuqaha

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #25 by bradharris79
Replied by bradharris79 on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4
Figured it out, had to switch the the permission for each category from "Access Level" to "Access Groups" and set the primary and secondary to "Public."
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bradharris79.

More
11 years 11 months ago #26 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4
I've been banging my head against the wall on this one. I migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 and in the process from Kunena 1.7.0 to 1.7.2.

Thanks to bradharris79 and the attached gif. That was THE fix for me to get my Kunena posts back into my activity stream.

In the migration and upgrade apparently none of the access settings are set. So all of my categories in the category manager said "Only Nobody" instead of public etc.

Once I changed the settings as mentioned in the previous post, it is all working.

I was so excited to fix this that I had to login and respond. My last login date here was Oct 7 2009!

More
11 years 11 months ago #27 by bradharris79
Replied by bradharris79 on topic Re: JomSocial 2.4
Glad to hear it's working for ya! :)

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds