Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question 1.5.0a removed from download?

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Let's make it *obvious*
If that is the case, GM - that no amount of what-part-about-UNSUPPORTED-TEST-VERSION-don't-you-understand warning isn't going to penetrate the user base - I would strongly suggest that the beta test version download must be quarantined from the main production download site. Further, the beta test version release notes need to peppered with repeated warnings that the version is not guaranteed stable, the potential risks that users expose themselves to if they implement the version on a live production site and the limited support that will be available.

If it's not possible to educate users to read warning notices (or if those notices are buried so deeply that they easily miss them) then why not place a few hurdles in the way to make it more difficult to access the material? I would sooner deal with questions about why it's hard to download K 1.5.0b than see questions about why K 1.5.0b isn't working. B)

Lastly, with K 1.0.10 about to be publicly released, let's not confound matters by simultaneously releasing K 1.5.0b. One thing at a time, please.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #12 by Freestyl24
I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill here.
Sure there are going to be people who don't read instructions and don't follow directions, but this happens in all walks of life, not just here on Kunena.com.
The reality is the dev team does want people to download the alpha and beta versions in order to find as many bugs as possible.
I don't know this information but I'm willing to bet the percentage of downloads of the alpha version that have actually been put into production environments is very small. Sure there have been a few people coming on here to report bugs and then we find out that they have installed it onto there live site. But as stated earlier there is always going to be people who don't follow directions or don't have a grasp of the differences between Alpha, Beta, RC and Stable. This is all part of the game.
No amount of warnings are going to be enough for the kind of user who installs alpha/beta versions of software into production environments.
Best thing you can do when they come here is advise them of there mistake and thank them for reporting the bug.

More
14 years 11 months ago #13 by grumblemarc
I think I said that. Place whatever warning/disclaimer that needs to be placed. There will be some for whom it doesn't work.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #14 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Let's make it *obvious*
Sozzled: Actually I've already added warning into Kunena Backend. So is someone installs unstable version without knowing what he has done, that message will stay there until he installs some other version. :)
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Matias.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds