Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Cut/Paste problem

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by Jed11
Cut/Paste problem was created by Jed11
Users who type in a word program, then copy or cut and paste into the message box of the forum can see their message in the box and in the "preview" but when they hit "submit" the post is there, but the contents is missing. If you click "edit" it's visible in the message box, but hitting submit will result in the post being void of contents.

The only letters that will show are the ones typed directly in the message box.

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by Bob
Replied by Bob on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
Dont I know you? Were looking for the same answer ;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Jed11
Replied by Jed11 on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
Yep, we are.

It's definitely a bug.

Global configuration: Wysiwig Editor is turned on in Global Configuration and for the user.

Testing here:

The National Weather Service in Blacksburg says winter weather will develop across the region today and tonight. A strong low pressure system over the southeast United States will move off the coast of South Carolina by Sunday night. By Monday night the storm will be passing east of New England. Rain will spread into the region today. A mix of rain...Freezing rain...Sleet and snow is expected tonight and Sunday. Sunday night the precipitation will change over to just snow. For our area a Winter storm watch will be in effect from Sunday afternoon through Monday morning. Light snow and sleet accumulations are possible Sunday and Sunday night. Some minor ice accumulations are also likely at the higher elevations near the Blue Ridge. Depending on the track of the storm...The snow may continue through Monday morning...Resulting in higher accumulations. A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant snow...Sleet...Or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by Jed11
Ok, I'm able to copy and paste here but not on my forum. I previously could but can't now and others are reporting that they cannot.

Anyone have any suggestions?

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
I don't know, if this is comparable to the empty message bug. But give it a try. Backup the smile.class.php (components/com_kunena/template/default/) and upload a new smile.class.php with this content .

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by Jed11
Lintzy! Thank you!

That resolved the problem completely.

Thanks so much for the help!

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by Nyssa
Replied by Nyssa on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
Hi all!

That link is now dead. Does anyone know the new link to that file so I can download the proper fix for this issue?

Cheers!
~Nyssa

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by core2
Replied by core2 on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
Quick fix: disable BBcode/smiley in backend config.

Visit the Kunena documantation .

More
15 years 1 month ago #9 by Nyssa
Replied by Nyssa on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
Yep done that for the moment, but I want the proper fix for it so it all works

More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:Cut/Paste problem
Did you not try a search for empty message bug?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds