Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Can't install

More
3 years 1 day ago #21 by mberman
Replied by mberman on topic Can't install
Ok, just for everyone else's information ...
I had Phil Taylor at mysites.guru (if you are not using it, you should be!) check it out. Here is his response:

This is actually a security fix in Joomla 3.9.25 that has broken the way that they are trying to inject HTML and JS in the alert messages after install. This will be broken for everyone using Joomla 3.9.25… .
This is the security fix that breaks Extension Developers trying to do things with the messages displayed (they used to do things like inject HTML and Javascript into them!) 

developer.joomla.org/security-centre/843...showed-to-users.html

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/commit/aadf...e4b0252bde2c6836b920

This was released in Joomla 3.9.25 and means that extension developers can no longer use the feedback messages to run javascript redirect.

In order to get it installed, he had to manually revert the code, manually install the extension and then revert his changes. 

-Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 day ago #22 by barfonne
Replied by barfonne on topic Can't install
One of those weird bugs that only affects some systems. Speaking from my own personal experience as I've recently installed Kunena on a 3.9.25 joomla site.

More
2 years 11 months ago #23 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Can't install
I have added into he developpement version of Kunena 5.2.4 a way to log all the actions done during Kunena installation into Php file. With this it will help to retrieve the issue when the installation fails

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barfonne

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds