Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Can't install

More
3 years 4 days ago #11 by mberman
Replied by mberman on topic Can't install
When this happened, Kunena did appear in the Components menu, but when I tried to go to it, it took me back to the Install screen and failed again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 days ago - 3 years 4 days ago #12 by barfonne
Replied by barfonne on topic Can't install
When discussing technical issues on a forum it helps if you say what it was you tried. I could assume from your post that you tried installing again but I may be wrong.

Try clearing the cache. In joomla admin click on 'System' and select clear cache in the drop down, select kunena and click delete.
Last edit: 3 years 4 days ago by barfonne. Reason: add more info

More
3 years 4 days ago #13 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Can't install

Ok, I tried it again, and this time I got this:

Kunena Installation Failed!

It stopped on Prepare Installation ... OK
I'm not sure if it helps, but try the following:
Start the installation again and when the installation stopped, go to \administrator\components\com_kunena and remove the install.php
Then refresh in the backend the page.

More
3 years 4 days ago #14 by mberman
Ok, I checked the cache (no Kunena files there), started the install again, and when it stopped, I removed the install.php file. Now I get:
An error has occurred.
0 Class 'KunenaProfiler' not found

More
3 years 3 days ago #15 by mberman
Just fyi, I have tried all the install versions: Upload Package, Install from Folder, and Install from URL. All get the same result.
Also, I just tried installing a different extension, and installation worked just fine, so the problem seems to be limited to Kunena.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

More
3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #16 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Can't install
I have looked your first message of this topic, the long error message said "Kunena Installation Failed! Sorry, installation failed with following error:" but the error undergoing is not displayed becasue the javascript isn't executed

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 3 days ago #17 by mberman
So, what do you think I need to do?

More
3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #18 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Can't install
Try a new time to install Kunena, don't close thh tab whe the error message is displayed and check if you find the file json.log, under /administrator/logs/ or at Joomla! root : /log or /logs

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 3 days ago #19 by mberman
Ok, I tried that, but there is no json.log either in /administrator/logs/ or at Joomla! root : /log or /logs.

More
3 years 2 days ago #20 by barfonne
Replied by barfonne on topic Can't install
This is beginning to sound like an issue with your hosting provider. Do you know how to set up a local server on your system? If so I'd suggest you do that, Then download your hosted site to your local server, install Kunena and then upload it again. I had this same problem recently with installing Hikashop, restrictive settings on the host site prevented it being installed but it would install on the local site and run on the host once it was all uploaded. I will state that I've had no such issues with Kunena. Perhaps you should open a ticket with your hosting provider or try a new provider. I have my sites hosted with Blacknight, you can set up hosting with them for a month for about 10 euro and then it's around 5 euro per month after that.

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds