Kunena 5.1.7 Released - Security Release (20 Nov 2018)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.7 [K 5.1.7] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a Security release.

× This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Missing Kunena menu (with error) and main menu reformated

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #1 by asajay
Greetings,
I just installed the latest (and first install) of Kunena on our web site at www.spokares.org/index.php/forum
I have used Kunena previously, on older Joomla v1 and v2 websites. This is my first v3 website to have Kunena added.

When loaded, the main menu changes from a horizontal format to a vertical (stacked) format, and the Kunena menu doesn't show up at all, giving an error:
Rendering Error in layout Widget/Menu: Call to a member function get() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.

If I turn on Debug, I get this:
Notice: Undefined variable: menuType in /home/aressc/public_html/templates/js_wright/wright/html/joomla_3.0/mod_menu/default_component.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined variable: params in /home/aressc/public_html/templates/js_wright/wright/html/joomla_3.0/mod_menu/default_component.php on line 42

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Menu: Call to a member function get() on null in /home/aressc/public_html/templates/js_wright/html/mod_menu/default_component.php on line 16
Layout was rendered in /home/aressc/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/widget/menu/default.php on line 121

If I turn OFF the menu in the Kunena template, then the main menu renders properly but then I'm left without a Kunena menu.

I'm running Joomla 3.9.0 with PHP 7.2 and pretty much a default Joomlashack Wright framework template.

I could use some guidance on why this is not working as expected. Any ideas what I should look at first?
Thank you,
Asa Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 day 1 hour ago #2 by asajay
I've still not found a resolution for this. Can anyone recommend what to look at? Is there something I should look at in the configuration? Or is it really a problem with the Joomla template?

More
16 hours 48 minutes ago - 16 hours 46 minutes ago #3 by rich
Last edit: 16 hours 46 minutes ago by rich.

More
7 hours 7 minutes ago #4 by asajay
Rich,
You are a -star-!

Although my Joomla install was up-to-date and my install of Kunena was up-to-date (got the latest yesterday), I found my install of the Wright template was a few versions behind (and I never got the update notice). I manually did a [Search for Updates] and installed the latest Wright template. From the links you provided that appeared to potentially be the resolution, and I'm happy to say, it was.

Now I can go about configuring the new forum and get it into use!
Thank you so much for the pointer, I would not have thought to look into Git. Greatly appreciated.
Asa Jay

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds