Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Kunena Forum not found (class)

More
6 years 4 months ago #11 by anibal.sanchez
Hi,

Thank you for reporting. The plugin has a dependency on Kunena.

To avoid the message during installation of Kunena, we recommend disabling the plugin in the process to upgrade, or simply ignore it until the installation is completed.

We can't remove the checkup since it prevents the execution of the plugin when Kunena is no longer installed.

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #12 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Kunena Forum not found (class)
No need to remove the checkup, just to remove the (JError is deprecated) error messages. (in the code below I have commented them out)
These add no value (other then visual messages on both back-end and front-end).

file: ./plugins/system/autotweetkunena/autotweetkunena.php
Code:
// Check if Kunena API exists $api = JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_kunena/api.php'; if (!is_file($api)) { $logger = AutotweetLogger::getInstance(); $logger->log(JLog::ERROR, 'Kunena Forum not found (api)'); // JError::raiseWarning('5', 'Kunena Forum not found (api)'); return; } jimport('joomla.application.component.helper'); // Check if Kunena component is installed/enabled if (!JComponentHelper::isEnabled('com_kunena', true)) { $logger = AutotweetLogger::getInstance(); $logger->log(JLog::ERROR, 'Kunena Forum not found (component)'); // JError::raiseWarning('5', 'Kunena Forum not found (component)'); return; } // Load Kunena API require_once $api; // Do not load if Kunena version is not supported or Kunena is not installed if (!(class_exists('KunenaForum') && KunenaForum::isCompatible('3.0') && KunenaForum::installed())) { $logger = AutotweetLogger::getInstance(); $logger->log(JLog::ERROR, 'Kunena Forum not found (class)'); // JError::raiseWarning('5', 'Kunena Forum not found (class)'); return; }

sharing = caring
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusxxxx

More
6 years 4 months ago #13 by anibal.sanchez
Hi,
Yes, that's where the warning message that we are currently showing.
In the future, we'll replace the JError call with JFactory::getApplication()->enqueueMessage ..., but the warning message will remain since we need to alert users when the plugin is enabled and Kunena is no longer installed.

Best Regards,

More
6 years 4 months ago #14 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Kunena Forum not found (class)
Cool,
just for the sake of argument: I am the user. I have had this message already for a long time. I had no clue as to what it means and what it does / doesn't do. So I just crossed my fingers and ignored it. It turns out now that ignoring is good as nothing breaks.
That is why I say that the messages are useless :)
To make it 'worse', the message also shows on the front end. Therefor it is not only showing to me (in the back-end) but to every user who knows even less what these messages mean.

The message is also logged into the log files, I think that should be enough.
If you want to keep the visual warnings: please make them so they are actually informative. Restrict them to showing up on back-end only. Tell the user something like: "The Autotweetplugin requires Kunena to be installed and enabled. If you are updating Kunena you can ignore this message"

You could even extend you component check page: Plugin enabled but component not found indicator.

just my 2ct :)

sharing = caring
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusxxxx

More
6 years 4 months ago #15 by anibal.sanchez
Sure, I'm improving the message with your suggestion.

Regards,
Anibal

More
5 years 11 months ago #16 by zamakli
1st install after to see the warning on panel admin "indicate: kunena not still complet" so now its ok.

it's the latest 4.0.10 of kunena
, Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

More
5 years 11 months ago #17 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena Forum not found (class)
Kunena 4.0 is not supported anymore and also your extensions are obsolete. Please reactivate not old topics. I've deleted all your posts in the other topics, your posts have nothing to do with current problems.
If you have a question, then update your page previously and create a own topic.

More
4 years 11 months ago #18 by anibal.sanchez
Hi,

As I said before, the warning message is necessary. It's just a warning shown at the moment that Kunena is not available while the extension is being updated.

The message is required since it also warns the administrator when Kunena is uninstalled and the integration plugin for Kunena is still enabled.

Hope this helps! Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Best Regards

More
4 years 8 months ago #19 by nisso

Cyrusxxxx wrote: I have noticed something during installation of Kunena 5.0.12, it installs and works but after installation I see error "Kunena Forum not found (class)".

I would disregarded that message but then I remembered that same thing happend during installation of 5.1 beta and latest night build when I was testing it.
prnt.sc/hf07gf

Joomla 3.8.2
PHP 7.1.4
Database Version 5.6.32-78.1

I am reporting this just in case...

my own support forum (also with Joocial) and didn't get this message... on this site, the plugin "System - AutotweetKunena" is disabled.
I think that the issue is in that plugin

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds