Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Kunena upgrade from 1.7 to 5.x with step 3.0.7 breaks

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Smoker_Creep
Hello,

I know I'm late but I need to upgrade a Kunena Forum from 1.7 to an actual version ... so i read the instructions I found here in the forum.
I installed a fresh new Joomla 3.64 system and imported the users around 7500 ... works well
Now I copied all Kunena database tables to my fresh Joomla and changed prefixes of the tables.
I started to install Kunena 3.0.7 and than the installation breaks after Recounting forum statistics

the forum has ≈17700 messages in ≈3500 topics
Hope somebody maybe had the same problem at that installation progress step and can help?

thank you very much!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by rich

I installed a fresh new Joomla 3.64

Kunena 3.0.7 will not work with Joomla 3.6.4. To skip this step and try it with Kunena 4.0.12, then upgrade to Kunena 5.0
In principle it should also work, directly from Kunena 1.7 to Kunena 5.0

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Smoker_Creep
okay I tried with 4.0.12 and here I got the same error when I did it with Kunena 5.0 with first try. Error in screenshot below. When I had a look into the access.php can it be a user problem? which IDs are combined here? Thank you very much for helping!!!
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by 810
are the users id the same as on your old website?

More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by Smoker_Creep
yes I imported with a self written script with user IDs ...
now I checked with a script kunena user table if user exist in joomla user table and deleted a handful if not
I also checked posts if that users had one ...
than checked kunena messages too if there are userid's with no user in kunena user table ...
so made sure that users exist in joomla user and kunena messages tables but no success at the end, same error :-(
are there any other parts in database that will be processed in the function that aborts?
Many many thanks for help!

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by Smoker_Creep
I tried to proceed if I commend out $read[$id] = array_combine($list, $list);
than the database update runs through 4.0.12 ...
after that I'll get to the same error as with 3.0.7 it breaks at same step like shown in my first post ... :-(

More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by rich
Ok, then try the following:
1. Create a new Joomla 3.6.4 test installation
2. To import only the Kunena tables from your old instllation
3. Install/Upgrade right up to Kunena 5.0
When it works you have a forum without your users now.

Next steps:
1. Remove all kunena_tables on your migrated page
2. Install Kunena 5.0 new
3. Remove again all kunena_tables and import the kunena_tables from your new test installation
4. Go in backend to Kunena -> Tools and synchronisize all users and statistics
When the Joomla user tables are correct should be all ok now.

More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by Smoker_Creep
thanks for your fast reply ... I thought in the same direction create new joomla install kunena plain (v2), than import the database tables from that version I used to update above (v1 / with J-Users) (were it seems that the database update was done before update breaks)
than deinstal kunena in (v1) and remove kunena tables. install a plain kunena 5.0 in (v1) and import kunena tables from (v2)
will let you now if I tried in the next days ...
Tank you very much for your time and support!

More
7 years 4 months ago #9 by Smoker_Creep
Okay I'm back again with a 95% success ...
I set up a new plain Joomla system (v2), installed Kunena 4.0.12 (I used before for the first system (v1) were update breaks).
Than I imported my users and Kunena tables to Joomla (v2) from (v1) synced users and than forum "works" with admin access
only "base" statistics are not shown at the bottom (total messages, subjects, sections and so on) The statistic page with most popular threads, users etc. seems to work.
I tried Kunena tools "recount statistics" and it breaks with an SQL-Error:
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_mysql500_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=UPDATE #__kunena_aliases AS a INNER JOIN #__kunena_categories AS c ON a.alias = c.alias SET a.item = c.id WHERE a.type='catid'
Updated to Kunena 5.0.3 runs without error.
Recount statistics brings same error ... so I changed collations for alias #__kunena_categories to utf8_general_ci and it goes proper. But no effect to "base" statistics
Than I looked in the Kunena tables and found that all tables that already exist in v 1.7 have different collation (utf8_general_mysql500_ci) compared to original new/plain Kunena v4 / v5 (utf8_general_ci) for varchar and text cells.
Maybe that is the reason why installation/update from 1.7 to 4/5 breaks? Because installation breaks at recount statistic and it also didn't worked with the Kunena tool too.
For the "base" statistic not showing, I wouldn't suppose that it has any belonging to that problem!? Because it is "only" counting some IDs anywhere?

Many thanks for your good job!!!

More
7 years 4 months ago #10 by 810
ok try first, to change the database collation. You can use admin tools to do that. Then install kunena. Maybe there are some tables have the wrong collation.

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds