Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Has anybody try to use kunena forum from the smartphone?

More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by findelat
This is how I see the forum from my phone

I am very surprised that the module of kunena menu is fixed and occupies more than the half of the screen so with the keyboard you cannot see what you write
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by Djie
Yes same problem here. There is one more problem when using Kunena on mobiles. The topic subject needs a lower fontsize or should be limited in characters as the subject hovers over the forum text as per example:

More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by WolfgangOWL
This can't be fixed easily (with css style override). The Bootstrap Badger which is used to display posts in Kunena is designed to display just short text as headlines, not multiple lines.

More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by Silencer2010
Still no fix??? Old kunena was better... :(((

More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by Silencer2010
Doesnt seem to be so important for the kunena team... :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by findelat
Maybe nowadays nobody's using forums from their smartphones. it is really amazing :S

More
6 years 8 months ago #7 by Silencer2010
It is not a reason to have software that is not working in some cases, because of THINKING these cases are not used...

We have around 15 websites with about 250,000 posts at all in kunena... At least 30% of our users use forums on smartphones and tablets.

And we have apps, showing our websites, that are very often used by many people. And this is always used on smartphones. And it is bad, if the the forums is not working..

It is ok for many people, clubs and companies to say: This is not working, or this is not working with firefox, please use internet explorer, this is not working in mobile view, etc. etc.. But it is not ok for us.

But it is ok, we bought professional kunena template. Now it is all working correct.

More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by findelat
I agree.

We havent updated yet our forum to K 5 due to this problems. But what freaks me out it is that I can't use this official forum from my smartphone because main menu stays fixed on the top and with the keyboard the main content vanishes bellow
I am waiting to update :whistle:

More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by Silencer2010
I guess it is a good idea to wait.. :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #10 by ruud
For my forums, 70% comes from mobile.
So design and usability should follow the mobile first principle.
I find Kunena 5.x following that guideline (Except for some css glitches) like shown in this post: www.kunena.org/forum/general-user-contri...he-smartphone#183214

Now for the kunena implementation on kunena.org that is a whole different story: the template used on this website is having major usability issues. Main issues are that on mobile the top menu takes half the screen size overwriting everything below it and rendering the Kunena forum useless on mobile.

BUT this being a bad representation of what Kunena has to offer is NOT due to the Kunena component itself but to the used Joomla template (the way Gantry Helium is implemented).

So my advise to the users would be:
1. look at other Kunena 5 implementations for 'inspiration' of what Kunena 5 looks like and what it can do for your community;
2. don't let the Joomla template implementation of the official Kunena forum hold you back :)

And my advise to the Kunena team would be:
-> Address these usability issues on this forum! this forum should be a showcase for new users and an example for other Kunena implementations

If I can help in any way, please let me know :)

sharing = caring
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds