Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question NEW topics - How to Bold and Material Design

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1 by joomleb
Hi to all,
on PHP 7.0.x + Joomla 3.6.5 + Kunena 5.0.5 + Crypsis template

Right now NEW topics are shown as, for ex., (5 NEW)
On "Templates > Crypsis > Edit > Colors > Select color for NEW icon and text: " We can choose the font color for the message.

As far as I understood, I can have the message Bold adding in custom.LESS:
#kunena.layout sup.knewchar {
font-style: bold;
}

It return me all Bold: (5 NEW), togheter with the ()

1 - Thinking on a Material solution (most simply as possible), I really don't understand the need of the () and all Bold is really unreadable
Now, the laguage string COM_KUNENA_A_GEN_NEWCHAR = NEW
Why not have it working as COM_KUNENA_A_GEN_NEWCHAR = (NEW)
So the users can manage also the () with the Languages Override feature ?!?

2 - Please, How to manage the message dimension ? (To try it a little bit bigger)

3 - I'm thinking on a Material Design concept way, so I really don't understand why we have to use two languages strings (topics + NEW), while we can comunicate all through an international icon, using a Material Badge on a Material Message Icon (and following the Material Icon dimensions)
The result would be so simple:
"message icon" (withinm, or not, the numbers of topics and instead of "topics") + "badge icon" (with the numbers of new messages instead of "NEW")

Please, What do you think about ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds