Blue Eagle 1.5.2 Released (11 Dec 2018)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena Blue Eagle 1.5.2 which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for Kunena 5.1. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 1.5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 1.5.2.

Solved How to exclude (filter) some categories from the Recent Topics results?

More
1 year 11 months ago #1 by Ankha
Hi,

First of all, I must mention that I couln't find the "New Topic" button in the "Self help" section where I'm "Allowed: to create new topic." but somehow I can't.

Anyway, here's my question

I'm planning to add a regional section (per country) to my international forum, but I'd like the users to be able to exclude it from the "Recent Topics" list. For instance, French users should be able to exclude the Spanish section for that list, even though it would be still available by browsing the forum to the Spanish section.

Of course, the choice of excluding that section would be left to the user, not the admin.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by rich
You can do it with the menu item Recent Topics. But you need additional a menu item Recent for the second language.
Then select the categories in the menu items. "Menus -> Kunena Menu -> Recent Topics -> Main Settings -> Show Categories --> Category List in Recent Topics"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by Ankha
That should do it, thanks.
Is there a way to allow users to hide (through their preferences) some of the menu items, such as this new "Recent" menu item?

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #4 by rich
In principle yes, but it's many work. See my testpage www.rich20.at/zwei_28321987/en/forum/index You need a complete Kunena menu for each language. Each individual menu item must be assigned to the respective language. The disadvantage is that only a master section can be created for each language. But for categories is no limit.
See also here: www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...ilingual-page#181069
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by rich.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds