Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Crypsis Module Positions & Uploads not working properly

More
8 years 2 months ago #11 by 810
jelle @kunena.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #12 by GizChris
I sent you the login data yesterday. Sorry for the delay.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #13 by GizChris
So the module positions do now work after the recent update but file uploads still don't work.
Edit: Actually module positions still do not work properly. It still doesn't display after the fourth post on EVERY page inside a topic like it once was the case, now it displays after post number four in any topic. And topic list module positions still don't work at all.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by GizChris.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14 by 810
this has always been this way. It can only be set on fixed module positions, else you need to edit the template, then you can customize it to your needs.

More
8 years 2 months ago #15 by rich
hmm.. I see now what GizChris means. Before this fix the module was displayed by post ID. Now it is the absolute message number in a topic. But it should be message number per page.
Example kunena_msg_1 : The module will displayed only after the first message in a topic. If you go to page 2 there is nothing.
I will create a issue for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GizChris

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #16 by sozzled
This topic was originally posted in the K 4.0 General Questions category.

rich wrote: Before this fix (sic) the module was displayed by post ID. Now it is the absolute message number in a topic. But it should be message number per page.
Example kunena_msg_1 : The module will displayed only after the first message in a topic. If you go to page 2 there is nothing.
I will create a issue for it.

If people would like to follow the progress on this issue, they can go >>> here <<<

It seems that this is actually a defect of K 4.0 Crypsis. It may be better to move this topic to the Kunena Support (reporting defects) category, yes? :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled

GizChris wrote: I stumbled upon another issue with Crypsis. Uploads do not work anymore with it. If I try to upload something it just says "upload failed". Permissions are set correctly (755) and it works flawlessly when I switch back to Blue Eagle.

810 wrote: this is a bug, we are still looking for a fix.

I am not sure which "bug" 810 is talking about but, perhaps, he means >>> this <<<?

rich found a defect in the way that Kunena handles module positions. Until rich reported this problem, I was not aware of an item in GitHub that refers to it. 810 wrote about a "bug". I assume that he's referring to a problem with uploads.

It looks like this topic discusses two separate problems and it's difficult to follow the progress in resolving two different problems if they're mixed together. I suggest that the subject of the topic in the first post be changed to refer only to the module positions and let's stay on-topic with that issue. The question about the upload problem is better discussed elsewhere.

It would be good if one of the developers can provide an update on the situation with the "failed upload" problem (810 wrote that it's an "old Joomla bug") and how it's being addressed.

In any event, it is clear that this is not just a general "how to" question. We're talking about a defect (or two) and the topic should be moved to the appropriate category.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 2 months ago #18 by 810
Bug what i talk about, was the module doesn't showed at all, we have fixed that in the lasted version. see: github.com/810/Kunena-Forum/commit/c0e88...a662dfe58f238aec8829

What Rich founded has nothing todo with a bug/issue. But a feature request.

kunena_msg_5 means after message 5 of the topic.
There is no default support to show it on each 5 messages.

Then you need to customize your kunena template.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
Let me see if I understand 810 correctly:

810 wrote: [The] bug ... was the module [position that didn't appear in K 4.0 Crypsis. We] have fixed that in the [latest/K 4.0.10] version.

This is what I understand you to have written.

810 wrote: What Rich found has nothing to do with a bug/issue but a feature request.

Well, I know that you and I sometimes disagree about the definition of a bug (or defect or "issue") but I don't think this makes people happy to read that, on the one hand, K 4.0 allows module positions (in the form of kunena_msg_n) to accommodate placement of modules at every nth message for Blue Eagle but does not allow it similarly for those who use Crypsis.

Therefore, by saying that people need to "customise their Kunena template" (without providing any tutorial or documentation about the procedure and in the knowledge that these "customisations" will inevitably fail in future when the internal structures in Kunena are changed ) I don't agree with your assessment that this module position issue is not a defect as you have tried to characterise it.

It is clear from looking at GitHub #3687 that this is a bug. At the time of writing #3687 is classed as a bug and that was why I wrote earlier that this topic should be moved to a different category.

All very confusing. It doesn't inspire confidence if people cannot use Kunena in a "similar" kind of manner whether they use Crypsis or Blue Eagle. Leaving that aside, to summarise what you've written: if you want to use Kunena to place modules after every nth message posted (relative to the top of the page) use Blue Eagle; this feature is not supported in Crypsis. Crypsis allows the use of module positions at the nth absolute position (relative to the first message posted in a topic) but does not repeat if a topic spans more than one page.

If I may also summarise my understanding of what has been written, the ability to use relative module positions in Crypsis—in a similar way to how things have worked with the older (Blue Eagle) template dating all the way back to K 1.6—is considered by the development team to be a feature request.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Corrections to spelling and grammar

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #20 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: It is clear from looking at GitHub #3687 that this is a bug. At the time of writing #3687 is classed as a bug and that was why I wrote earlier that this topic should be moved to a different category.

I stand corrected. 5 minutes after writing this, rich changed the classification of the issue to "feature". ;)

In spite of this, I don't think it changes my assessment of what this topic is discussing and it hasn't helped GizChris one bit by debating the matter. I think most people would agree that this matter is a significant shortcoming in Crypsis—for those who want to use module positions—and something that should be addressed quickly.

@GizChris: This shortcoming with the module position will not be fixed in K 4.0 Crypsis. End of story, I think.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor correction

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds