Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Bug? The main menu disappears

More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Bug? The main menu disappears
On the default jquery its working, so its not a bug.

But Its the same as the Boostrap 3 issue, Joomla ships old versions of jquery and bootstrap. And it will be updated on J4.0, but until then there are conflicts if template builders using other frameworks then the default joomla framework

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #12 by Socratic

sozzled wrote: ...I'm only guessing. I do better when I have better information about your website. Your configuration report may provide some other helfpul clues.

Config report is below (although I have commented out a few specific variables with '#####' marks for opsec reasons as this is a public forum). Also note that this report is generated with the "Crypsis" template active, but it is only the "Blue Eagle" that has the problem. It seems that the generated report doesn't contain anything that would make a difference though. Hope it helps...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_venice | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.3 | creationdate: 2015-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.3 | 2015-06-29 [ Possagno ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

No trees were cut down in order to send this message...
                                             ...but an awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced!

More
8 years 9 months ago #13 by Socratic

810 wrote: The issue come from different jquery versions, I have also found the same issue's. But I didn't found any solution for now

I was thinking 'jQuery' as a possible cause when I first posted but I'm new here and didn't want to stick my neck out too far in case I was wrong. Any ideas as to a potential fix?

More
8 years 9 months ago #14 by 810
Is seems that's only Yootheme's are affected, maybe you can contact them. And ask for support on this issue. because if you switch to default joomla template, its working, So I think the fix must be done on the Yootheme's templates.

More
8 years 9 months ago #15 by Socratic
No problem, I'll give it a go. But why would Kunena's Blue Eagle template cause problems when Kunena's Crypsis template be fine? Can you give me any more specific information that I can send to Yootheme that would help them locate the problem?

Cheers :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #16 by 810
Blue eagle is based on mootools.
And Crypsis is full jquery. So I think its something to do with jQuery.noConflict()
The following user(s) said Thank You: Socratic

More
8 years 9 months ago #17 by sozzled

810 wrote: On the default jquery its working, so its not a bug.

I agree. Kunena has always relied on the standard Javascript libraries that are installed by Joomla. In the past, some Joomla template developers have added their own "improvements" that override Joomla's default Javascript and this has caused all kinds of problems .

Sometimes some Joomla template developers have added things and people then have problems with Kunena. It often comes down to the basic question: Which comes first? The template or the forum?

However, it seems to me, that K 4.0 has become less "co-operative" with some of the mainstream Joomla templates that are available today and the number of Joomla templates that co-operate better with K 4.0 is smaller than the number of Joomla templates that worked with K 3.0.

More
8 years 9 months ago #18 by Socratic

sozzled wrote: ...However, it seems to me, that K 4.0 has become less "co-operative" with some of the mainstream Joomla templates that are available today and the number of Joomla templates that co-operate better with K 4.0 is smaller than the number of Joomla templates that worked with K 3.0.

Agreed.

I'll get in touch with Yootheme in the morning and post back here with their response, but it seems strange to me that my recent Kunena 'upgrade' has left me with more problems.

If there's anything else anyone can think of that might be causing this issue, please post it here and I'll pass it on to Yootheme accordingly, but it may come down to a conflict of who should change their code - one of Joomla's best forum providers or one of Joomla's best template providers. I'll post back with more info as I get it.

Cheers all! ;)

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #19 by sozzled

Socratic wrote: ... it seems strange to me that my recent Kunena 'upgrade' has left me with more problems.

For your information, it took me more than 3 weeks to (a) find a template that worked with K 4.0, (b) remove all the components I was using, (c) rebuild the site again with the new template and (d) test everything to make sure it all worked.

My tests have shown that there are still quite a few outstanding issues with K 4.0 that need to be addressed but it's slowly coming together.

Good luck.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Socratic

More
8 years 9 months ago #20 by Socratic
OMG! :huh: Well thank you for all your efforts and I too am hoping that these issues are resolved soon. I love Kunena. I have used all the other forum engines but these days I only recommend Kunena because it's a fantastic forum platform. But this seems to be a simple incompatability issue that I hope to get resolved asap.

Good luck to you too! B)

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds