Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Banner users or deleted users problem - Users think their account is being hacked

More
8 years 8 months ago #21 by xillibit

carlat2 wrote: I disabled anything with POINTS on it it didn't work.

Can I have a query to delete all the messages done by an banned user of by a non existant user?

All my users are going crazy thinking that their accounts are hacked.

Hello,

Do-you have tried to disable entierely the plugins AUP and Jomsocial for integration ?

The query to delete message done by an user identified by an userid is :
Code:
DELETE FROM #__kunena_messages AS m #__kunena_messages_text AS text ON text.mesid=m.id WHERE m.userid=XXX

Make an entire backup of database before to execute this query, replace XXX by the userid of user

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #22 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: The query to delete message done by an user identified by an userid is :

Code:
DELETE FROM #__kunena_messages AS m #__kunena_messages_text AS text ON text.mesid=m.id WHERE m.userid=XXX

As fxstein, the co-founder of the Kunena project, pointed out a few years ago :

Unless you are a Joomla, Kunena AND SQL expert, you MUST NOT run SQL quieres against your install database by hand.

A single typo can and will have the potential to damage to drop portions or all of your data and WILL render you system useless. Most ALTER, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP statements cannot be undone. Once executed and something goes wrong data is lost forever. Only way back: Restore from your backup

I realize that people want to help each other with SQL queries 'fixing' underlying problems. in most cases the problem you see is a side effect from another problem or upgrade or migration.

If that is the case get an expert (free or pay for it) to do it for you.

Even the best most accurate SQL statement written for one specific problem, used out of context, against a different version can be fatal.

Just today I witnessed a thread in which somebody carelessly copied some SQL statements around as a 'fix' and by accident, forgot to copy the entire statement, dropping one rather important part of the query.

SQL statements and myphpAdmin are not for novices. Not in Kunena, not in Joomla or any other system you want to keep using.

We will advise all our team members going forward to not post any such 'solutions' on the public forum.

Please note that the syntax of the SQL statement given by xillibit is incorrect, it produces the following error if you attempt to run it with phpMyAdmin

and it probably will not resolve your particular problem
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 8 months ago #23 by xillibit
Make an entire backup of database before to execute this query, replace XXX by the userid of user
Code:
DELETE m FROM #__kunena_messages AS m INNER JOIN #__kunena_messages_text AS text ON text.mesid=m.id WHERE m.userid=xxx

You should notice that to make working this query you need to set your own prefixes in the query

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #24 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: Make an entire backup of database before to execute this query, replace XXX by the userid of user

Code:
DELETE m FROM #__kunena_messages AS m INNER JOIN #__kunena_messages_text AS text ON text.mesid=m.id WHERE m.userid=xxx

You should notice that to make working this query you need to set your own prefixes in the query

As people will see (when they compare the above example with the previous-written example) the two examples of this generalised SQL statement are different. In both cases these statements will cause syntax errors and, in both cases, they may not be a complete solution for the problem as stated in the original post.

The point that I am trying to make here—the point that Oliver Ratzesberger made 5½ years ago—is that it is dangerous for people who do not know SQL or how to properly use phpMyAdmin to use examples of SQL statements posted on any forum and apply them to their [unique] purposes.

In cases where it may be necessary to directly modify data in the Joomla database tables these are probably best left in the hands of experts.

Yes, it is true that the SQL syntax needs to be changed to use one's own table prefixes. The example does not show where or how this should be done. I will not comment further about this suggestion except to say that, in the hands of novices and those people unfamiliar with SQL, it is probably better to let a professional perform these kinds of activities (on a copy of an existing website) instead of trying to do it oneself (and making a total mess of things). B)
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor change to subject

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #25 by 810
Hi Carlat,

we have a fix for the issue, it was a error when users deleted their profile. Tomorrow we will release the new version with the fix.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carlat2

More
8 years 7 months ago #26 by carlat2
hi, do you know where the fix will be posted?

More
8 years 7 months ago #27 by 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: carlat2

More
8 years 7 months ago #28 by carlat2
thanks a lot!
the problem is solved :)

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds