Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question CKeditor

More
2 months 2 hours ago #11 by rich
Replied by rich on topic CKeditor
How many languages do you have installed in Joomla? Navigate to /media/kunena/core/js/lang/ and check if there are the same number of script files. For each language installed in Joomla there must be a corresponding script.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 34 minutes ago #12 by Ratman
Replied by Ratman on topic CKeditor
Hi Rich.

There are two languages installed in Joomla, english and german

And so are the languages for CKEditor

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #13 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic CKeditor

I've tried to figure out where the SCEditor configuration is stored, but with not much success. When I use the browsers developer tools, I can see that the SCEditor searches for emoticons in the wrong path ".../media/kunena/emoticons/emoticons". I created a new folder "emoticons" inside the /media/emoticons folder and copied the complete emoticon files into this folder, but the SCEditor shows only some (default?) smilies in the dropdown menu. So I wonder where is the list of emoticons that SCEditor wants to load?

And where can I configure the toolbar, e.g. which buttons should be shown and which not?
Hello,
This two things aren't yet implemented into the integration of SCeditor into Kunena

Yes, I know that the SCEditor is not yet fully integrated into Kunena and the Devs sure are working hard on this topic. But the problem is that the CKeditor is not usable anymore since the last update, so I was forced to switch to the SCEditor. But as this is still not completely usable, I can see that more and more of my users are keeping away from my forum. The number of posts is rapidly decreasing which is twice as hard for me, because it is a small niche forum.

So any hint is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Do-you have something displayed into the javascript console when this issue happens ? Do-you know for your users which have not changed the language in their Joomla! profile settings ? Or they have set a specific language ?

If ou have a test site or an account on your site to try

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #14 by Ratman

Hello,
This two things aren't yet implemented into the integration of SCeditor into Kunena

Okay, but where does the SCEditor take the path ".../media/kunena/emoticons/emoticons" take from?

Do-you have something displayed into the javascript console when this issue happens ? Do-you know for your users which have not changed the language in their Joomla! profile settings ? Or they have set a specific language ?

If ou have a test site or an account on your site to try

I have a test site and an account where I can reproduce the issue. I will take a look into the Javascript-Console. I already tested if the issue has something to do with the preferred Joomla language, but the issue occurs always, no matter if I choose "Default", "English" oder "German".

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #15 by Ratman
I reproduced the issue in my test-site, see console output in attachment
Attachments:

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #16 by rich
Can you please upload these two language scripts as a zip file here?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #17 by Ratman
Here we go...

File Attachment:

File Name: lang.zip
File Size:10 KB

Edit: Sorry, wrong files, please ignore!
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Ratman.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #18 by rich
The files are ok. How do you reproduce the error, since you had written that this error occurs for some users, but the editor works for you? I cannot reproduce this error, only a similar one when I remove or rename these plugins.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #19 by Ratman
Sorry, I uploaded the files from my PROD stage. This is where some of my users witness the empty editor issue, but I cannot reproduce it by myself.

I just visited the lang folder in my STAGE site, and here only the english language file exists. I don't know why. Here is the ZIP with the stage language file:

File Attachment:

File Name: lang_stage.zip
File Size:5 KB
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Ratman.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #20 by Ratman

The files are ok. How do you reproduce the error, since you had written that this error occurs for some users, but the editor works for you? I cannot reproduce this error, only a similar one when I remove or rename these plugins.

On my PROD site I cannot reproduce the error, but some users sent me screenshots where I could see the empty editor. With my own accounts (admin and a normal user) everything works well.

On my STAGE site I have a test account and I can reproduce the issue with it.

Time to create page: 3.618 seconds