Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Forum slow when logged-in

More
4 months 3 days ago #11 by nickza
Replied by nickza on topic Forum slow when logged-in
Sent and I have enabled new posts. it is slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 days ago #12 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Forum slow when logged-in
The main page Home is generally very slow when you are logged in. If you want to go to Home from the Blog tab, for example, you have to wait for what feels like an eternity.
In Kunena, the loading times were around 0.2 seconds, but the Latest Posts tab is not activated.

More
4 months 3 days ago #13 by nickza
Hi. the feature Show New posts is enabled,

More
4 months 3 days ago #14 by rich
Unfortunately, I cannot recognise with the browser tool where the long loading times come from, as no information is transmitted during loading.
I have noticed the following loading times:
Index ca 0.04 sec
Recent Topics ca 5 sec
Profiles up to 20 sec
But the longest loading time is for your main page Home (50 sec).

Recent Posts is a Kunena menu item that displays the same list as in your profile.
But I think you mean the Kunena Latest module. Does this need to be displayed on the forum pages? It shows the same results that are displayed with the Kunena Recent Topics menu item.
Go to this module and remove the assignment to the Kunena menu items so that it is only displayed in Home. Then test your forum again.

More
4 months 2 days ago #15 by nickza

Unfortunately, I cannot recognise with the browser tool where the long loading times come from, as no information is transmitted during loading.
I have noticed the following loading times:
Index ca 0.04 sec
Recent Topics ca 5 sec
Profiles up to 20 sec
But the longest loading time is for your main page Home (50 sec).

Recent Posts is a Kunena menu item that displays the same list as in your profile.
But I think you mean the Kunena Latest module. Does this need to be displayed on the forum pages? It shows the same results that are displayed with the Kunena Recent Topics menu item.
Go to this module and remove the assignment to the Kunena menu items so that it is only displayed in Home. Then test your forum again.

Thank you for the info... Even if I turn off all the latest posts modules, the forum still take between 5-9 seconds for a forum page to load, when the feature Show New posts is enabled.
Issue is still there.
When it is turned off, the entire site is flying.

More
4 months 2 days ago #16 by rich
Please enable it again. Perhaps the Lighthouse browser tool will show a better result.

More
4 months 2 days ago #17 by nickza

Please enable it again. Perhaps the Lighthouse browser tool will show a better result.
It is enabled.
Thank you.

More
4 months 2 days ago #18 by rich
I'm sorry, but I can't figure it out. I have blocked all scripts and CSS files individually, but there is no difference.
As far as I know, you must have published multiple copies of Kunena Latest. A separate one for each country. Maybe they interfere with each other. Test it first with each one and if one works, add the next one and check the load time each time.

More
4 months 1 day ago #19 by nickza

I'm sorry, but I can't figure it out. I have blocked all scripts and CSS files individually, but there is no difference.
As far as I know, you must have published multiple copies of Kunena Latest. A separate one for each country. Maybe they interfere with each other. Test it first with each one and if one works, add the next one and check the load time each time.
Thank you for the effort.
1. The home page, and any page on the site, including the forum, is only slow when the user is logged in. If you are not logged in, the site speed it great.
2. It is obvious, that when logged in, the home page is slow because it uses the latest kunena module a lot, and when logged in, the site/server/system is fetching the user data to show what is new.
3. The forum (not home page) is slow when logged in too. Unacceptably slow still. (Has nothing to do with the home page)

This does not fix any issue. There has to be a way to get this faster and still have the feature Show New posts enabled.

Any further suggestions would be great.
Thanks.

More
4 months 1 day ago #20 by nickza
I found this setting in the Kuenna Config General Tab:

Session Lifetime    Default is 1800 [seconds]. Session lifetime (timeout) in seconds similar to Joomla session lifetime. The session lifetime is important for access rights recalculation, whoisonline display and NEW indicator. Once a session expires beyond that timeout, access rights and the NEW indicator are reset.

The end bit is interesting. So should we increase the user session? What is everyones session limit? A few hours? A day? A week? A month?  What should it be for a forum?
Will this help?

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds