Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena / Joomla 4 ?

More
1 year 4 months ago #11 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?

I'll tell it as a joke.
Joomlart team, which positions its Joomla templates as compatible with kunena - purity III , for example - is now facing some difficulties.
The problem is that Aurelia uses bootstrap 5. I don't know if Joomlart will be able to solve this style conflict.
If there is no solution to the problem, that's too bad...

Question is, is that a Kunena or a template issue? Joomla renders it's own components also with Bootstrap 5, even when not using the Joomla build in template. So template developers are already working around conflicts here as well. (in Joomla 5 they are (under discussion) removing that dependency and move everything rendered into the template instead of into the system)
I build my own extensions and I can tell you that the easiest is to use a framework (like bootstrap or UIkit) for your extension, but then you will run into issues with customers who use a non BS / UIkit template. So for my own extensions I created my own css and still I sometimes run into issues / conflicts.

I think that Kunena, being a volunteer based project, did the right thing and adopted BS5 as that is the J4 standard. creating a template like aurelia is a lot of work, creating its own CSS framework to avoid conflict (which is a utopia) is more then double the work.

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #12 by Smirnov
Replied by Smirnov on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?

I think that Kunena, being a volunteer based project, did the right thing and adopted BS5 as that is the J4 standard. creating a template like aurelia is a lot of work, creating its own CSS framework to avoid conflict (which is a utopia) is more then double the work.

You're probably right. Nevertheless - a very painful transition from J3.10 to J4.*. It reminds me of J1.5 -> J2.5 upgrade (anyone remember jUpgrade?  ).

Which is what this topic proves. Numerous css conflicts, problems with popular components: the death of Uddeim, ridiculous problems with the K2 upgrade. I think the Kunena team would do the right thing if they developed a second (alternative) free template for Kunena 6.

I'd like to take this opportunity to promote K2ForJ4 . A lot of effort has gone into making this fork work properly with Joomla 4. Please test it, if it is interesting for you. 
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Smirnov.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #13 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?
UddeIM is a special case, it keep the compatibility with Mambo and all Joomla! versions

We are lacking manpower to develop others things, so we are focusing on Kunena, the module lastest and the discuss plugin

For Joomla! 5.0 the upgrade will be more smoother there will be less backward compatiblity broken, Joomla! 4.3 will bring Bootstrap 5.2 and Joomla! 5.0 Bootstrap 5.3

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #14 by Hifi2you
Replied by Hifi2you on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?
Do you guys have a guide for IT stupid people like me  to upgrade Kunena/Joomla to Jomla 4 and Kunena with a template that works with it ?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 536870912 | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.8 | creationdate: 2022-11-28

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.14 | 2022-12-14 [ Tharsis ]
    | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Hifi2you.

More
1 year 3 months ago #15 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?
I have gone to Joomla 4.2.6 this month. One problem was that the extension SSL Fixer stopped the migration. SSL Fixer were not Joomla 4 compliant although it seemed so from preinstallation. My template Gantry 5 is bootstrap 5 so it works OK now. But there were problems with JCommments for Joomla 4, Phoca Gallery and Kunena menu. Also problems with certain links after migration. A couple of articles had to be fixed as they gave 404 errors. I have also installed Fabrik for Joomla 4 in betaversion and it works OK.

More
1 year 3 months ago #16 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?
Here are the steps to migrate from J3.10 - K5.2 to J4.2 - K6.0 docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0

More
1 year 3 months ago #17 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?
I just made a strange discovery in CPanel. After the migration the number of unique visitors have increased with 50 %. Before that they have been stable for many months.

More
1 year 3 months ago #18 by Hifi2you
Replied by Hifi2you on topic Kunena / Joomla 4 ?

Here are the steps to migrate from J3.10 - K5.2 to J4.2 - K6.0 docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0

Thanks 

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds