Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Problem with PDF attachments

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #11 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Problem with PDF attachments
I'm sorry but I can't see or find that topic when I use forum search button I get a warning on the screen.
so I guess it's not open to the public
" Suspicious
This request looks suspicious and has been ignored. Repeated suspicious requests may result in your device being blocked. If you feel this is unjustified please contact webmaster birdlifephotography.org.au and quote '2001:1c03:4304:8900:6915:61bf:3fb3:2db3'.

An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page

"

L.v.d.A
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Leen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #12 by rob parker
Sorry, busy with a meeting, and now late at night.  The message you got seems to be from some custom code we run which looks for suspicious terms in URLs - but it shouldn't get triggered when you try to find that forum post.  It doesn't when I try using any browser - although it did two days ago when "attachment" and ".pdf" were both banned words in URLs.

I've attached an image of the post in my Chrome browser, as a guest user .  You should be able to see the direct URL in the address bar, so that should help.

Heading for bed - back tomorrow.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #13 by Leen
ha sorry my mistake i had the j3. overlooked
now i see the correct forum with attachment
have you tried it with another pdf? and there are no spaces in the filename?
and in Kunena Forum: Configuration>tab uploads>Protect Attachments is set to no ?

L.v.d.A
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Leen.

More
1 year 8 months ago #14 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Problem with PDF attachments
You have enabled attachment protection in the configuration (Attachments tab), which may cause problems with PDFs. Please try it with disabled protection.

More
1 year 8 months ago #15 by rob parker
The Protect Attachments setting has no effect.
However, the presence of spaces in the pdf filename is the problem. And that's a problem - because we can't control filenames that people may have for their attachments.
It's very odd that this problem exists only for pdf filenames. The other samples on the test site (docx, xlsx, and txt files) all have spaces in the filenames yet work as expected.

More
1 year 8 months ago #16 by Leen
it can't be the case that the name of the pdf(...red Miners) activates your website protection?
the ... is that also part of the file name if you remove those 3 dots does that pdf work? activate your website protection ?

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #17 by rob parker
I very much doubt that's the problem. The shortened filename that appears is governed by the configuration setting (in the Frontend tab) for "Number of characters from end for shorten filename". It's doing the same thing for each of the other filetype attachments in my post on the test site. And there's nothing in that filename - or in the filenames of the attachments in the post on the real site that alerted us to this problem - that would trigger our custom URL protection.

More
1 year 8 months ago #18 by Leen
 I find it strange that I can choose all attachments what I want to do with it save or read in browsers so also the last one posted Sample_PDF_File.pdf
Except those red miners.pdf
I'm going to think that the file is damaged or incorrectly uploaded, the more so because I don't even inspect file name (numbers and letters only). (as I can see at sample_pdf)
or other way the file itself is somehow secured.

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #19 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Problem with PDF attachments

The Protect Attachments setting has no effect.
However, the presence of spaces in the pdf filename is the problem. And that's a problem - because we can't control filenames that people may have for their attachments.
It's very odd that this problem exists only for pdf filenames. The other samples on the test site (docx, xlsx, and txt files) all have spaces in the filenames yet work as expected.
I have tested it and have no problems when PDFs contain spaces and protect is disabled. I get only problems hen protect is enabled.
Tested with Chromium, Firefox and Opera.
But if you disable this option, it will not affect already uploaded PDFs. For these files the error remains.

I'm going to think that the file is damaged or incorrectly uploaded, the more so because I don't even inspect file name (numbers and letters only). (as I can see at sample_pdf)
or other way the file itself is somehow secured.
That's right, protected files get a long letter combination instead of the name and file ending.

More
1 year 8 months ago #20 by rob parker
Thanks Leen and Rich for your help with this.
Rich's last post seems to have nailed the problem - if protect attachments was on when the file was uploaded, the problem exists for pdf files with spaces in the filename. The second pdf in my test post, added later when protection was off, works as expected, and it has spaces in the filename.

The downloaded file with the cryptic filename is actually a pdf file; if you add ".pdf" to the end of the filename it will open correctly.

I think this behaviour is a bug in Kunena. Do the Kunena developers monitor the forum for issues such as this, or should I report this by some other means?
The following user(s) said Thank You: realstrannik

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds