Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Multilingual Forum separation - is it possible?

More
2 years 5 months ago #1 by evensenj
I've been successful in configuring Kunena menus and Kunena in general for multilingual usage.  However, my question remains as it seems to remain for those who have asked the same question:  Is it possible to set up Kunena to only display and search by the current language set by the language switcher?  It would seem that a language tag would be required per section or category, but I see no such choice. Is there a solution? or perhaps version 6 will include this?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
I'm not sure whether I understood your question correct, but in principle, the Kunena search option searches in the complete forum.
However, if you search by an English search keyword, you will not get hits in another language.
Another way, you can search by categories (see image). With Ctrl and mouseclick you can also choose several certain categories.

More
2 years 5 months ago #3 by evensenj
Thank you for the suggestion. It is more than the , a person can lose themselves by wandering around through the other language categories. This includes having announcements that are language specific. Currently, my Russian language announcement appears to all the English speakers, etc.

Attachment not found

Russian announcement in English Forums

Attachment not found

Russian categories appear in English category pull down. 

More
2 years 5 months ago #4 by rich
For the search, I don't know a better solution, but announcements should not be a problem.
Use custom modules instead on the position kunena_announcement and assign these respectively to the Kunena menu items of the certain languages.
If you adjust the background and font colors, you see no difference to the original announcements.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds