Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Logout and Login Issues

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1 by nickza
Hi
When users view a specific forum topic, or post, or even create a new post, they are logged in, but when they view the index/recent topics pages on the forum, they are logged out.

Very strange. Can anyone assist?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : it_365news | author: InspireTheme LTD | version: 1.9.0 | creationdate: May, 2016

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.6 | creationdate: 2021-07-25

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.6 | 2021-07-25 [ Melia ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.2.2 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.2.2 | Kunena Stats 5.2.2 | Kunena Login 5.2.2 | Kunena Search 5.2.2

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nickza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #2 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Logout and Login Issues
Hi,
This looks a bit like what ever happened here ]read more

L.v.d.A
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Leen.

More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by nickza
Replied by nickza on topic Logout and Login Issues

Hi,
This looks a bit like what ever happened here ]read more

Hi. No its not that. I think it has to do with a few things actually.

For example, on the home page there is a Latest Post Module active, but when we click on the link, it pull a URL from the footer menu. Which brings me to another question... Site-wide, should you have only 1 menu item linking to the forum? Because when I have more than 1 link, it wont let me use the same name... for example "forum". It forces "forum-1" and "forum-2" which is why i think this is causing this issue because when a user visits the forum with index.php/kunena/, everything works fine, but if they visit using index.php/forum-1, the forum menu goes blank, and a whole bunch of stuff breaks.
I hope that makes sense

More
2 years 6 months ago #4 by Leen
mm with multiple menus to kunena forum would be possible provided other aliases have been made
but I can imagine if one does something in forum-1 for example and logs out of there then he is of course also logged out in forum.
(you can only log in to the forum once in that way)
ps.
but what is the reason to work with multiple forum's menu ?. wouldn't it be better to make a menu item to eg 1 specific kunena Category

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 6 months ago #5 by nickza

mm with multiple menus to kunena forum would be possible provided other aliases have been made
but I can imagine if one does something in forum-1 for example and logs out of there then he is of course also logged out in forum.
(you can only log in to the forum once in that way)
ps.
but what is the reason to work with multiple forum's menu ?. wouldn't it be better to make a menu item to eg 1 specific kunena Category

To tell you the truth... I dont know what is causing this? I have hired a developer to take care of it.

More
2 years 6 months ago #6 by Leen
I would then just go for one kunena Forum menu for example. Menus: Items (Main Menu) Menus: Edit Item > Forum > choose kunena > and there categories and disable the other menu items that point to the kunena forum. But be careful that you do that in your Main Menu and not in the Kunena menu. I say this because I can't see how your website is built a link to your website would be more useful to explain something I think

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #7 by nickza

I would then just go for one kunena Forum menu for example. Menus: Items (Main Menu) Menus: Edit Item > Forum > choose kunena > and there categories and disable the other menu items that point to the kunena forum. But be careful that you do that in your Main Menu and not in the Kunena menu. I say this because I can't see how your website is built a link to your website would be more useful to explain something I think

There are many issues on the site. for example, on kunena.org, the home page link is www.kunena.org/forum/index , this website has to use a URL in the main menu because it just breaks everything if its the standard kunena menu items

More
2 years 6 months ago #8 by Leen
I'm sorry but I can't follow you right now the link that gave now refers to this forum but I asked if it was possible to give a link from your website to see if it became clearer what your menu looked like

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 6 months ago #9 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Logout and Login Issues
641 Profile mainmenu view=userprofile 
637 Forum footer view=home&defaultmenu=207forum-2 
215 Forum sidemenu view=home&defaultmenu=207forum-3

1. Trash these 3 menu items
2. Empty the menu trash
3. Use the Kunena Dashboard: Tools -> Menu Manager -> Restore Kunena Menu facility.
4. Publish the menu item created for you in your top-level/main menu

Now test login/logout works correct.
If you want extra menu items in other menus. you must use Syshtem Links - Menu Item Alias (see  Menu Issues  and Menu Tips ).
If the menus are correct, you can use the name Forum as often as you want.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds