Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Help for newbie. Just installed Kunena

More
2 years 8 months ago #1 by OldCharlie
Hi,  I just installed Kunena.   Instructions are unclear on how to get the Forum input page to show up.   If you go to my website 7thHeaven.cloud and click on Lindy Alert for the forum, you'll see no one can input anything.   What's up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2 by OldCharlie
It does not come ready to go.   I am registered but can't input anything into it.  No page shows up for writing into the forum.

See 7thHeaven.cloud

More
2 years 8 months ago #3 by rich
You have locked the categories. Go in the backend to Kunena -> Categories and unlock all.

More
2 years 8 months ago #4 by OldCharlie
Thanks for your response.   
Here is what I have done, yet I still cannot make it possible for anyone to contribute to this forum.  Can you contribute?   Go to  Lindy Alert

More
2 years 8 months ago #5 by rich
1. You have still locked the categories 
2. You've chosen Review
Review means, an Admin or global moderator must check the user post, and afterwards approve.
You see on my image the correct setting.
Green hook means yes
Red symbol means no
Therefore, you need the red symbol at these options (see image).

More
2 years 8 months ago #6 by OldCharlie
Thanks it is working now.    Why isn't this discussed in the documentation?   Or is there documentation that I'm unaware of?

More
2 years 8 months ago #7 by rich
Kunena is configured after the initial installation so that it is ready for safe use. Guests can read, and registered users can also write.
The same applies when you create a new category. It is usually not necessary to change anything unless you want to your needs customized forum. 

More
2 years 7 months ago #8 by OldCharlie
How do I make it so anyone can create a topic and write to it. I don't want them to have to register.

Bill

More
2 years 7 months ago #9 by OldCharlie
How do I read and approve

I set security setting to "Moderate Guests" but how do I know when a guest as submitted a topic or whatever.....?

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #10 by rich

How do I make it so anyone can create a topic and write to it. I don't want them to have to register.

Go to the Kunena configuration (tab Security) and set Allow Guests to Post/Write = Yes.
Additional, you must for each category (tab Category Permissions) to mark Public (see first image).

I set security setting to "Moderate Guests" but how do I know when a guest as submitted a topic or whatever.....?

* Administrators and Moderators get a maiil to this post (it's defaul setting in the configuration (tab Security)
* It is displayed on the index page for admins and mods.
* Additional, you can create a Kunena menu item Recent Posts with view Unapproved Posts (image 2).

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds