Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved possible to use joomla editor instead of component one?

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by dsrpmedia
I desperately need to be able to put tables into replies in my forum

another thread said that was not possible with kuenena, but it is with the default Joomla editor. Is there any way to load the default Joomla editor instead of the built in one from the forum?

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by dsrpmedia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry, but that's not possible.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by purezen

I desperately need to be able to put tables into replies in my forum

I don't know if this will work for you, but here is an "out of the box" idea.
1. Create your tables in Joomla by using the Add New Article function and JCE Editor Pro.
2. Then switch to Source Code in the Joomla Editor and copy code.
3. Now go to your Kunena Forum, switch the "new editor" to Source mode and Paste code from Joomla editor.
4. Press Source again to return to normal edit mode.

When you are finished, delete the Joomla article code.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
A further possibility would be an unpublished Joomla article which contain the table. If you enter in the Kunena message this code
Code:
[article]22[/article]
(the number must be the article ID) the article will be displayed in the message.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 2 months ago #5 by dsrpmedia
 thanks for the suggestion, a lengthy workaround, but it almost works.however, when I paste the table code into the source area in kunena, then unclick the source to show the styling it is just showing the code - not converting the code to tables. ( see screenshots)what is the point of the code dbutton if the htrml is being stripped out in the editor?is there a setting I missed thsat would allow for code in the editor?
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #6 by dsrpmedia
inserting the article almost works - but I need to be able to put content into the tables of the cells - when I insert this way it is not editble

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #7 by rich

dsrpmedia wrote:  thanks for the suggestion, a lengthy workaround, but it almost works.however, when I paste the table code into the source area in kunena, then unclick the source to show the styling it is just showing the code - not converting the code to tables. ( see screenshots)what is the point of the code dbutton if the htrml is being stripped out in the editor?is there a setting I missed thsat would allow for code in the editor?

That's html codes but you need bbcodes. Maybe therefore the user purezn means it works with the JCE Editor Pro.
Example of bbcode tables:
Code:
[table] [tr] [th]Column 1[/th] [th]Column 2[/th] [/tr] [tr] [td]123[/td] [td]456[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]123[/td] [td]456[/td] [/tr] [/table]
Here is the output of this code:
Column 1Column 2

inserting the article almost works - but I need to be able to put content into the tables of the cells - when I insert this way it is not editble

You can edit anytime in this table, but only in the backend. If you edit this article, you see this changes also in the forum. I don't know satisfying solutions for tables, because they are also not optimal for mobile view if they contain too many columns.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #8 by rich
Maybe this page is helpfull for you:  BBCode table generator  If you generate a table with this tool you get the BBCode output, and you can copy and paste this code.

More
3 years 2 months ago #9 by dsrpmedia
thanks Rich, I will try this a little later today

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #10 by dsrpmedia
unfortunately the BB Code output does not work either - it generates a table

- but the code itself is what is shown in the editing area before submitted,. If only the table was displayed in the editing area before being submitted this would have worked perfectly
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by dsrpmedia.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds