Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved blanc page after safe as copy a category

More
4 years 1 day ago #1 by martinsai
Hi Guys,
I have a category that I want to safe as copy. see pic. after doing this the whole kunena display in frontend is off and backend is broken, for ex I cannot open categories in dashboard anymore and some more probs. What am I doing wrong? This is a very ussuall procedure in joonla to safe as copy. why here in kunena it does not work?
regards, martin
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 23 hours ago #2 by rich
Sorry, I'm not able to reproduce this problem. Summary of your topics:
You get a blank page if you want to install Kunena
You get a blank page after safe a copy of a category
You get redirects to your hoster in the backend menu items and categories
I've noticed in your configuration report "Max execution memory: is -1". This should be a minimum 32M not a minus value.
docs.kunena.org/en/basics/requirements
Check also the folder permissions. By default Kunena will install with 755 and 644 permissions for folders and files respectively.
Last edit: 4 years 23 hours ago by rich.

More
4 years 7 hours ago #3 by martinsai
Dear Rich,
thnx. I changed the memory limit to 512MB, you can check this here: www.psychoanalyse-muenchen.de/phpinfo.php
I checked the permissions: all the folders have 755, this should be ok and I havent changed anything anyway.

I try to explain again:
Imagine you want to create a new category. So you go to backend>kunena>categories. There I opened one category and tried to safe it as copy, then it loads a long time and finally it comes to this path: www.psychoanalyse-muenchen.de/administra...nena&view=categories . view see img
I tried to create a new category, I clicked on safe button and again the whole system breakes down.

In frontend the forum looks like this: see img "url.PNG"

I went to database, deleted the kunena category table and inserted a backup of this table, then it works again but with same errors like above, means i cant save the new categories (and maybe even more things dont work...)
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 hours ago - 4 years 3 hours ago #4 by rich
First go to Extensions -> Manage -> Database in the backend and check whether everything is OK.
Then to Joomla Global Configuration (tab Server) and set Error Reporting to Maximum. Afterwards try to create a new category. Maybe you get an error message which can localize the error.

Supplement:
This is only a vague guess. I've searched here in the forum and found only a second user which uses php 7.2.28. Admittedly he has not the same problem, but in the broadest sense a routing problem.
Is it possible for you to switch to another php version to test?
Last edit: 4 years 3 hours ago by rich.

More
3 years 11 months ago #5 by martinsai
thnx.
I checked database already before and again, everything is ok.
I also changed php Version from 7.2 to 7.3., no change.
I set error report to maximum and now I dont have access to backend anymore, just I have a blnc page with this information:

Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/33/d134278986/htdocs/psycho2020/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php on line 48

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/33/d134278986/htdocs/psycho2020/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php:48) in /homepages/33/d134278986/htdocs/psycho2020/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php on line 112

Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /homepages/33/d134278986/htdocs/psycho2020/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 128

Warning: session_cache_limiter(): Cannot change cache limiter when headers already sent in /homepages/33/d134278986/htdocs/psycho2020/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 235
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/homepages/33/d134278986/htdocs/psycho2020/libraries/joomla/session/handler/joomla.php" at line 48.

I will try to reset this and be back
regards, martin

More
3 years 11 months ago #6 by martinsai
I do have another idea. Can I backup whole script and delete kunena complety, then make new installation and then insert the former database table for not loosing all the content?
I tried to set error report to simple but also then I get only a message on a blank page and I cannot return to joomla backend.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7 by martinsai
I deleted kunena and also all the tables from db. I installed new/latest version and I can normally safe new categories, everything works normal, but can I now insert the old tables or rather my content?

More
3 years 11 months ago #8 by rich
Complete delete is not a good idea, then you need also the folders in media/kunena where are saved the images ad avatars. Better to uninstall via the Joomla installer.
Is your database not broken, you can use your backup version. Should not be a problem. Copy back only the Kunena tables.
But you should also to clarify wherefrom comes the Joomla error message. It seems that is connected with your Kunena problem.

More
3 years 11 months ago #9 by martinsai
Hi Rich, I guess I localized the problem area. I have inserted many tables with my old content to the db with new installation. Same problem happens: I cannot save new categories. Once I change the kunena category table, at least I can again enter the categories in the backend and in the frontend the forum appears. There must be a bug in the category table. I would pay the person who checks this table. One year ago I upgraded kunena from a Joomla 1.5 site to 3.x site. I guess here same probs came up.

More
3 years 11 months ago #10 by rich

martinsai wrote: I set error report to maximum and now I dont have access to backend anymore, just I have a blnc page with this information:

Warning: ini_set(): A session is.......

I will try to reset this and be back

I forgot to say, if you are changing Joomla-setting and you can't go to the backend any more, you need only a backup from the configuration.php. In this file are all the Joomla settings saved.

I have inserted many tables with my old content to the db with new installation. Same problem happens: I cannot save new categories. Once I change the kunena category table, at least I can again enter the categories in the backend and in the frontend the forum appears. There must be a bug in the category table.

You use phpMyAdmin? If you want you can send me the tables to rich@*kunena.org (address without star).

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds