Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Global RSS feed not working

More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by tcn
I tried out the global RSS feed on the bottom of the index page. But it doesn't contain any items. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug? I tried different settings like By Topic and By Post and different feed formats, e.g. RSS 2.0 and Atom 1.0. They all show up empty.

[hr]
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : astroid_template_zero | author: JoomDev | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: Nov 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.9 | creationdate: 2019-02-15

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.9 | 2019-02-15 [ Kerberos ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Global RSS feed not working
I found the cause and it's a bug. If you exclude a category in the configuration, it excludes all categories in the global feed. I will add it in the bug list.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by tcn
Replied by tcn on topic Global RSS feed not working
Thank you, Rich.

I indeed excluded two categories in the configuration as a precaution. These are categories with restricted access. If that would exclude them from the RSS feed anyway, then I can do without any exclusions and rely on the board/category permissions instead. Most of our boards/categories are publicly accessible. I just couldn't find any documentation regarding the behavior of RSS feeds with respect to restricted areas. So, I played it rather safe then sorry. ;)

More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by rich
If you create categories only for certain groups, only users of this group can see this feed, But only then if the user of this group is logged in in the forum so that he is recognized.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by tcn
I'm not quite sure I follow.

I'm using Thunderbird to test these RSS feeds. I enter the URL and Thunderbird gets the contents of the feed for me. There is no authentication. Thunderbird is not very sophisticated. Which is fine. It's not rocket science, just a news feed.

So, in fact, I'm never logged in from Thunderbird's point of view. If that means the global feed1 will work only for the publicly accessible boards, I'm totally happy. For restricted boards I can still choose to subscribe.

1set up without restrictions (e.g. no board or category excluded)

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #6 by rich
I've added a public category feed for tests in Thunderbird. Afterwards I've forbidden the same category for public and allowed only for certain users. As you can see on the image, the category feed to look pale now and you get no feed anymore.
And the global feed (is the first feed on the image) contain this category also not.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcn

More
5 years 1 month ago #7 by tcn
Nice! And thank you very much for testing this on my behalf. :)

So, in conclusion, imposing restrictions in the RSS settings is only useful for very big forums. Or if you have a board that might not be suitable for distribution through RSS.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #8 by rich

rich wrote: I found the cause and it's a bug. If you exclude a category in the configuration, it excludes all categories in the global feed. I will add it in the bug list.

Sorry, it was a mistake by me, there is not a bug. If you want exclude a category, you must enter the ID and not the name of the category.
But that had nothing to do with our further discussion. I just want to inform you, that this option contain not a bug.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds