Kunena 5.1.12.1 Released - Security release (22 Apr 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.12.1 [K 5.1.12.1] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a security release.

× Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question The last post and new posts in topic.

More
3 months 7 hours ago #1 by lemur
When the user returns to the forum after some absence, Kunena shows him in the list of topics for each theme

1) the number of unread new messages (near the title of the topic)
and
2) who wrote the last post in the topic (in a separate column).

Both information are clickable.

It would be natural to expect that, when you click on the link "last post", will be open the last post in the topic, and when you click on "new" - first post from the "new".

However, this does not happen. In both cases, there is a transition to the beginning of the topic. Although you can get there by clicking on the topic name.

Can this be fixed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 hours ago #2 by rich

It would be natural to expect that, when you click on the link "last post", will be open the last post in the topic, and when you click on "new" - first post from the "new".

Exactly so it works. Also on your page, I've tested it. If you click on "Last Post" it goes to the last post in the topic and if you click on the green "New" indicator, you comes to the fist unread post.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #3 by lemur

rich wrote: Exactly so it works. Also on your page, I've tested it. If you click on "Last Post" it goes to the last post in the topic and if you click on the green "New" indicator, you comes to the fist unread post.

Thanks.
You have checked the German version of the site, and really everything works as it should.

My fault that I didn't specify - the problem is on the Russian half of the site.

What is a background of the difference between the behavior of both sites, I can not determine.

Please log in on the website ru.geschichte-chronologie.de
This message contains confidential information

and make two tests for the theme "Наша цивилизация. Место зарождения" (see Screenshot); open in new Tab, please

1) Last (= Last Post)

and

2) (8 NEW) = (8 NEW).

You will see that in both cases, the topic opens with the first post.
You can check all threads, where the total number of answers is more then number of answers for the "user".
Last Post always leads to the beginning of the topic.

With respect.

lemur.

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Joomla default template details : beez3_j39_ru | author: Angie Radtke | version: 3.1.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 2018-12-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.8 | 2018-12-30 [ Janus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.0+build.2019.02.07.19.49.51.c86068090 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Stats 5.1.1

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by lemur.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #4 by rich
That's not a Kunena issue. Your page has addresses such as /index.php/forum/16--/609-%D1%84%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BC/937 instead of the correct address to the topics.

It seems a Database encoding - or Server setting problem.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5 by lemur

rich wrote: That's not a Kunena issue. Your page has addresses such as /index.php/forum/16--/609-%D1%84%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BC/937 instead of the correct address to the topics.
It seems a Database encoding - or Server setting problem.

Thanks. I changed the settings in Joomla. Now the percent signs in the links are gone.

But the problem, to which this topic is devoted, remains. ((.
In both cases there is a transition to the beginning of the topic.
F.e., Last Post always leads to the beginning of the topic.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6 by rich
Why have all category addresses only a digit with a few hyphens? I've tried to create categories with such addresses but it's not possible. The hyphens at the end will be removed when save.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 5 days ago #7 by lemur
Hi, rich.

rich wrote: Why have all category addresses only a digit with a few hyphens? I've tried to create categories with such addresses but it's not possible.

"all category addresses have only a digit with a few hyphens", as for the Russian site aliases did not play value. (This was done 10 years ago.)

----
I created for discussion of this topic a special site - a copy of my Russian site on the same server. (Backend is in Ehglisch).
r3.geschichte-chronologie.de

There I manually made all the category aliases the same as in the German site (de.geschichte-chronologie.de).
Unfortunately, this did not help: links, as before, lead to the beginning of the topic.

Surprisingly another.
With the help of tools->Recount Statistics I did all 4 operations:
Recount Topic Statistics		Update post count for every topic. Fix first and last post information.
Recount Topic Statistics For Users		Update user post count for every topic. Fix last posted information.
Recount Category Statistics		Update total topics and posts for every category. Fix last topic information.
Recount User Statistics		Update total post count for every user.

But the link on the last post still leads to the start of the topic.

Maybe you'll see what the problem is.

Thanks.

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : beez3_j39_ru | author: Angie Radtke | version: 3.1.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 2018-07-20

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.10.1 | 2019-03-04 [ Janus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.1 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Stats 5.1.1

Last edit: 2 months 5 days ago by lemur.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds