Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Rendering Error after login

More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by tcn
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 245M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : astroid_template_zero | author: JoomDev | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: Nov 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.8 | creationdate: 2018-12-30

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.8 | 2018-12-30 [ Janus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

[hr]

We are setting up Kunena ahead of a migration. When I log in with my site administrator account, I receive the following error:
Code:
Rendering Error in layout Widget/Module: Call to a member function cachedCompile() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.

With debugging turned on, as suggested, the full error message is:
Code:
Rendering Error in layout Widget/Module: Call to a member function cachedCompile() on null in /var/www/vhosts/transalpclub.nl/kunena.transalpclub.nl/plugins/system/helix3/core/helix3.php on line 774 Layout was rendered in /var/www/vhosts/transalpclub.nl/kunena.transalpclub.nl/components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/layouts/page/default.php on line 25

helix3.php line 774 (-->):
Code:
public static function addLess($less, $css, $attribs = array()) { $template = JFactory::getApplication()->getTemplate(); $themepath = JPATH_THEMES . '/' . $template; if (self::getParam('lessoption') and self::getParam('lessoption') == '1') { if (file_exists($themepath . "/less/" . $less . ".less")) { --> self::getInstance()->autoCompileLess($themepath . "/less/" . $less . ".less", $themepath . "/css/" . $css . ".css"); } } self::getInstance()->addCSS($css . '.css', $attribs); return self::getInstance(); }

default.php line 25 (-->):
Code:
if ($config->get('displayModule')) { --> echo $this->subLayout('Widget/Module')->set('position', 'kunena_top'); }

The if statement is inside a block starting with:
Code:
<div id="kunena" class="layout <?php echo $this->options->get('pageclass_sfx'); ?>"> <?php

The SCLogin module is published in the kunena_top position. Helix3 is the framework used by the JD NewYork template and assigned to all forum pages. On the main site we use a different template powered by a different framework and there the issue is not present.

I haven't got a clue where to start looking. With a normal, non-privileged, account the module works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Rendering Error after login
The Kunena tabs and also the forum working correctly? You have two wrong configured Kunena menu items. Please go to the Kunena Menu and repair this items.

872 Index kunenamenu view=home&defaultmenu=871
This must be the Kunena menu type Category List

871 Forum kunenamenu view=home&defaultmenu=871 forum
This menu item Forum (root) is linked with himself. If you want the index as default landing page, then choose in this menu item "Default Menu Item * = Index"
docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu

Have you enabled in Helix the Page Optimize? That can also leads to mistakes.

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by tcn
Replied by tcn on topic Rendering Error after login
As far as I know, the forum works correctly. What happens when I log in as super user, I get the described error message and I lose some of the styling.

I also lose the logout button that is provided by the module published in kunena_top position.

I fixed the menu.

Regarding Helix Page Optimization, I don't know what that is and where it lives ;) I just went through the template and style settings and couldn't find any page optimization option. I guess, the answer is no.

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by rich

Regarding Helix Page Optimization, I don't know what that is and where it lives ;) I just went through the template and style settings and couldn't find any page optimization option. I guess, the answer is no.

Should be in the template setting. Options such as "Optimize CSS and Optimize JS" or "Compress CSS and Compress JS"

When the Helix has a own cache, then empty and disable this cache. Empty also the Joomla cache.

Try it also with the Joomla default template Protostar. It will unsightly the layout (Crypsis b3 is not written for Bootstrap 2 Templates), but you can see, if the errors still exists.

More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by tcn

rich wrote: Should be in the template setting. Options such as "Optimize CSS and Optimize JS" or "Compress CSS and Compress JS"

Both are turned off. Only option in advanced that that is turned on, is "Compile LESS to CSS". That's needed for our modifications to work.

When the Helix has a own cache, then empty and disable this cache. Empty also the Joomla cache.

Helix3 does not appear to have a cache of its own. I cleared the Joomla cache. But it didn't change anything.

Try it also with the Joomla default template Protostar. It will unsightly the layout (Crypsis b3 is not written for Bootstrap 2 Templates), but you can see, if the errors still exists.

The error is gone when using Protostar. I'm jumping ahead here. Would that mean a bug in the Helix3 code? I already asked the developers of the login module. They said it's unlikely that it is an issue with their module.

A bit off-topic: All notification mails I have received so far are classified as junk by GMail. Pretty annoying when you try to keep an eye on how things are developing. Not sure exactly what GMail leads to that conclusion. But adding 108.163.220.51 (delivery.mailspamprotection.com) to the kunena.org SPF record may help.

More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by rich
The developer of this module is right. The module works correctly on this position, it has nothing to do with this error. But you are not the only one user, which has problems with Helix and Kunena. Whereby the mistakes had one thing in common, mostly the template has compiled a wrong address to any file.

A bit off-topic: All notification mails I have received so far are classified as junk by GMail. Pretty annoying when you try to keep an eye on how things are developing. Not sure exactly what GMail leads to that conclusion. But adding 108.163.220.51 (delivery.mailspamprotection.com) to the kunena.org SPF record may help.

Yes we know this problem. Kunena send many subscription mails all days therefore some provider see this as spam. Also gmx send no mails from us.

More
5 years 2 months ago #7 by tcn

rich wrote: Whereby the mistakes had one thing in common, mostly the template has compiled a wrong address to any file.

I don't understand what you mean by that.

Is there a file/directory somewhere, where I need to take look and clean up?

More
5 years 2 months ago #8 by rich

I don't understand what you mean by that.

I think, a example is your error message:

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Module: Call to a member function cachedCompile() on null in /var/www/vhosts/transalpclub.nl/kunena.transalpclub.nl/plugins/system/helix3/core/helix3.php on line 774
Layout was rendered in /var/www/vhosts/transalpclub.nl/kunena.transalpclub.nl/components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/layouts/page/default.php on line 25

That's a wrong address. Add only the red marked address (with www. at the beginning) in your browser address field and press Enter. Then you will see it. I think, the author of your Helix template could better help.

More
5 years 2 months ago #9 by tcn
Now you lost me completely. :unsure:

What you marked in red is part of the directory structure in the backend. I'm not entirely sure if the transalpclub.nl is in the path. But I will ask the guy who provides the hosting.

Anyhow, if I paste kunena.transalpclub.nl/components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/layouts/page/default.php in my browser, I get a blank page. No errors. For kunena.transalpclub.nl/plugins/system/helix3/core/helix3.php I get a page saying resticted aceess.

I will ask the makers of the template as well. I believe, they in turn have full access to the support forum of the Helix3 developers, JoomShaper. I'll report back.

More
5 years 1 month ago #10 by tcn
I asked for the help of the template developers. They tried to reproduce the issue, but didn't succeed. For us, the issue is still present, but minor. None of our super users will actually log in to the frontend of the forum.

The issue is definitely in the code of the template. So, you can close this topic.

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds