Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question [Solved] Migration phpbb3 to Kunena 5.0.14

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #1 by Le_Seb
Hi,

I am trying to update a site by Joomla and the forum is based on phpBB3. I would like to use Kunena to be directly integrated with Joomla, but despite many searches on the internet and on this forum, I do not manage.

I would like to migrate the database from phpBB3 to Kunena 5.0.14 (or less if necessary) and when I find the script that needs to be used and I throw it in toad, I have huge errors that appear.

I also tried to install Kunena 2.0 but once installed it does not work.

I also read that Kunena imported phpBB easily. Is that true? Did I miss a simpler program?

Do you know a solution?

Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Le_Seb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by Slacker
I have converted phpBB 3.0.14 to Kunena 6 months ago. The problem for me was that I had JFusion as bridge and it changes the userid, so I had to make my own scripts to adjust for it.
I used this conversion script: github.com/mixerp/phpbb-to-kunena
I modified this script to add some smilies corrections. With this script userids for Joomla will change to phpBB userid.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #3 by Le_Seb
My phpBB file is in 3.2.2. I used this script to test the conversion.
From the first line, I get errors. I also have smiley errors but I don't think this is the most important.

How I proceed:
1-I downloaded the database from phpBB.
2-I installed a new Joomla with Kunena 5.1 with its language pack
3-I install and I open toad
4-I edit the script with the recommendations :
  • Find and replace the token "phpbb_database_name" according to your setup. (the old phpbb)
  • Find and replace the token "joomla_database_name" according to your setup. (the new joomla)
  • Find and replace the token "jos_" to whatever prefix you have in your joomla installation. (the new extension of the new joomla)

4-I connect to my phpBB database
5-I open script and this is a copy of my mistakes (in red) :

Warning: Spoiler!

I cut a lot of passage and errors and I did not put any errors that appear otherwise there would be several pages. Sorry if that didn't understand.

It's normal to have too many errors.

Yet even working locally, I should not have so many mistakes.

Should I also import the old Joomla? Yet Joomla EET phpBB was not bridged.

Is there a tutorial to correct errors?

For smileys, I change the names, the path, the abbreviations but I always have errors...

I do not see what to change because I am a novice in this area...
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Le_Seb.

More
5 years 6 months ago #4 by Slacker
Have you checked the phpBB databastables with phpMyAdmin so they are OK. You can both check and also optimize prior to conversion. I did not get any error messages, but I have not tested 3.2 but 3 ,0.14 and 3.1. Both was rather easy to convert. There is a forum for the conversion script that you can check:

mixerp.org/forums/category/phpbb-to-kunena-migration-forum

More
5 years 6 months ago #5 by Le_Seb
Thanks for you answers. I will try to migrate a fresh datastables to test script.

I think that my database is corrupted... :(

More
5 years 6 months ago #6 by Slacker
It is possible to repair database tables with phpMyAdmin. Here is a guide:
www.a2hosting.com/kb/cpanel/cpanel-datab...ases-with-phpmyadmin

More
5 years 6 months ago #7 by Le_Seb
It's better, I'm making progress. I found a lot of my problems.
Downloading the database, I was missing 10 tables including the users table...
Now, I can run the script and I want to migrate the database. But there's still 2 errors (I didn't realize the Red system errors):
line 984: Lookup Error - MySQL Database Error: Unknown column 'msn' in 'field list'
line 1140: Lookup Error - MySQL Database Error: Duplicate entry 'web-media' for key 'aliases'

Once migrated, I go to the site to test. The statistics appear, but not the topics or messages. I want to go in the administration of joomla, my IDs and passwords no longer work.
Look in the users table, all users are present, but most Super Admin, or Admin, mixerp which was to create...
I think I'll put the creation command to to Amin, mixerp at the end...

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #8 by Slacker
I got the identical errors, but they will not matter anything. The forum is not visible because you have to configure categories in administration, so they will be visible. Add Categories of your forum. You must do that, so they become visible. You have to change settings for each category of the forum. I had only a top section and all other categories under it. I think you will fix this. You will loose PM of phpBB3, but you can later install UddeIM as PM.

Note: log in in administration with username: mixerp and password secret.

When in admin you can change back to your nomal superuser.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Slacker.

More
5 years 6 months ago #9 by Slacker
You have also to do this:
Copy your attachments from phpBB to:

media/kunena/attachments/migrated/

They have no image extension, so from a command window in that folder make the command:

ren *.* *.jpg

Then they all become jpg-files.

Copy avatars from phpBB3 to

media/kunena/gallery

I copied members personal avatars to:

media/kunena/gallery/members

I did that as avatars settings are lost in the conversion and personal avatars, must be possible to choose for members.

Then copy your rank images from phpBB3 to Kunena.

media/kunena/ranks

Then copy smilies from phpBB3 to Kunena:

media/kunena/emoticons

In Kunena administration check ranks and smilies. If you are going to use phpBB 3 smilies you have to add them in smilies administration.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10 by Le_Seb
Thank you so much for everything.
I finally managed to migrate my database and enter the back office of my site.
I also reactivate the categories that were hidden. They appear now. More than a few tweaks to do.
After the migration, all visible posts are written in raw HTML and we see the code. Even by changing the Joomla editor, nothing changes. I think it comes from migration. All the codes appear instead of loading the format.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds