Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena - Saving profile clears all Joomla user custom fields

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by Goldie
Hi,

I have identified that in current Kunena-crypsis a save of Kunena profile after editing it clears all user custom fields (as introduced in Joomla 3.7). It seems to be related to the method of creating a $allow array with name, email, password, password2, params, username. in controllers/user.php During following of $user->bind all custom field of Joomla's user profile are not conserved and deleted.

I do use these user custom fields to store additional information. I have managed to display these custom fields in a separate tab on Kunena profile edit. But I cannot find a way to store that form data. I was already considering to add a button that allows users to edit their Joomla profile directly. But even that would not help with a saveUser function in Kunena that empties custom fields completely.

So my 1st request is that you fix saveUser to not delete the custom fields.
2nd wish would be to have all those user custom fields displayed and editable in Kunena profile edit.

Thanks guys,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by ruud
Hi, maybe this is related (sounds like it :)) issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/19884
When saving a user or changing a user's group membership the Custom Fields that are NOT on the form will get deleted...

sharing = caring

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by Goldie
Hi,

yes it is surely related. So it means that we need an addition of Kunenas edit user profile form with user custom fields. I would love it and it would solve all my problems.

If it is possible to just not delete the custom fields, I would have to reroute my users to edit Kunena profile and edit Joomla profile. Hard to explain especially if you have location in Kunena and a second one in Joomla profile.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #4 by ruud
I think the PR that I posted will fix the issue for you (you just need to test :)) without the need to make changes to kunena forms. It is a joomla bug that effects potentially all components using com_fields (like com_user which is used by Kunena)
The PR has made it into Staging which means it will be part of Joomla 3.8.7 (next version)

if you have a test environment where you can reproduce your issue then you can install the joomla patch tester and just install the PR #19884 and see if that solves the issue.

sharing = caring
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by ruud.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by Goldie
Hi ruud,

I have a test system and I will try, thanks for the info.

It will however only solve one piece. My users never access their Joomla profile, only Kunena profile. So I need a way to show, edit and save custom fields of user there as well. I managed display and edit form, but I cannot find a way to save those fields. I want to avoid that I tell my users to edit a Joomla profile and a Kunena profile. Password, name email etc. are also part of Joomla profile and are editable under Kunena profile.

The fact that Kunena save profile deletes all custom fields is just a side effect I noticed and makes it only worse for thos who have entered these fields during registration and now loose them.

More
5 years 11 months ago #6 by Goldie
Another idea:

If someone would help me find a proper setFieldValue documentation, then I could ad a saveCustom function that would set the right custom fields from the form I have already created in Kunena profile Then I would not care whether the old custom fields are emptied.

But I found no documentation on how to use method setFieldValue on a user custom field.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #7 by Goldie
Another idea:
If someone could show me a proper documentation or example on how to use setField Value on user custom fields, that would solve all my problems. I already have a form displaying and editing those custom fields (checkboxes and radio buttons). But I do not find a proper way to set them in Joomla. In that case I owuld not mind this bug. I would anyhow set custom fields after user->save in user.php .

I desperately try since 2 weeks to come up and show a custom value (a car model) underneath the avatar in forum. Everything works, but I cannot save the form to the custom fields.

Sorry for double post, I cannot delete the earlier one.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Goldie.

More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by Goldie
Hi ruud,

I installed patch tester and downloaded patch list form Github. But it does not show 19884 or 19735 PID.

More
5 years 11 months ago #9 by ruud

Goldie wrote: Hi ruud,

I installed patch tester and downloaded patch list form Github. But it does not show 19884 or 19735 PID.

Hi, sorry, my bad. Because this patch is already tested and approved for 3.8.7, they do not show up in the patch tester.
What you should do is do the file changes yourself on your test server. There are only 4 files changed: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/19884/files

com_fields is not a regular component, but rather a component that integrates into other components. The saving of the fields is done via a system plugin that triggers on the onContentAfterSave event. What would be ideal is if Kunena integrates com_fields. That way the Kunena profile can be extended in a very flexible way.

sharing = caring
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goldie

More
5 years 11 months ago #10 by Goldie
Hi ruud,
I will check.
I do agree that com_fields shoulb be integrated into Kunena. I have now tried for 2 weeks to find a solution how to write set such a field. But I did not find any way.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds