Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved DOM Error: Found 2 elements with non-unique id

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello to all, after upgrading Google Chrome to version 63.0.3239.84 I have started recieving following errors related to login form of Kunena (ver 5.0.12):
Code:
[DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #login-passwd: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"login-passwd" type=​"password" name=​"password" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"2" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Lozinka" required>​ <input id=​"login-passwd" type=​"password" name=​"password" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"2" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Lozinka" required>​ kategorije:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #login-remember: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"login-remember" type=​"checkbox" name=​"remember" value=​"yes">​ <input id=​"login-remember" type=​"checkbox" name=​"remember" value=​"yes">​ kategorije:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #login-username: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"login-username" type=​"text" name=​"username" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"1" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Korisničko ime">​ <input id=​"login-username" type=​"text" name=​"username" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"1" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Korisničko ime">​

This error is visible here also when I am not logged in.
Should I just ignore this?

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Cyrusxxxx. Reason: Added one more screenshot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by gurubob
Google sent me here ...

Looks like Chrome is now complaining about elements in the DOM with the same ID. In the case of this site there's a responsive login for non-dekstop sites that is the username and password.

This is going to be a widespread problem for many web developers and not specific to just this site or to Joomla.

Cheers,

- Bob -

More
6 years 2 months ago #3 by 810
We have 2 menu's . one for normal screen and one for the mobile. So we need to create a different name for the mobile one, and copy all the custom javascript.

basically more lines of codes for the same functions, i don't why google want this behavior.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #4 by gurubob
Duplicate ID's on a page have been a no-no for a long time. Don't use a duplicate ID to target it via JS, you could just use a custom attribute, e.g. data-id ...

$('*[data-id="login"]').on('click', function() { ... });
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by gurubob.

More
6 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
ok, fixed the issue, will be on the next K5.1 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusxxxx

More
6 years 2 months ago #6 by Cyrusxxxx
Thank you 810.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds