Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Modal forms are not accessible in Editor

More
7 years 1 month ago #11 by eSilverStrike
That's me reporting the issue and no one else has complained so far as I can see.
Modals work in other components like articles, and the JReviews listing editor (their links modal for the editor works).
I rather not fall back to version 3.3.2 unless I really have too. I am fine for right now with the temp fix you provided but would like to see a proper fix in the future when you have time to make the Crpsisb3 template compatible with bootstrap 3.3.7. As far as see the modal problem is the only issue. Did you want me to add this issue to the Kunena GitHub repository?
I appreciate the time you put into Kunena. I know it takes a lot of time (I code a few plugins myself for another CMS)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12 by rich
I have passed it to the developers, and also reported it at github. So we can not forget.

More
7 years 1 month ago #13 by ruud
Hi,
running into to same issue white a gavick template. It is not a bootstrap template, but I load bootstrap from ./media/jui/js
everything (bootstrap related) works exept the modal window in Kunena.
Changing kunena custom.less does not work. Doing a template css override on
Code:
.modal-backdrop { z-index: 19; } .modal { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.50); }
does work, but may interfere with other modals as well as this is now 'system-wide'.
You can see the fix and issue in action here: office.onlinecommunityhub.nl/och_test/forum/newtopic

In protostar the modals do work, I have compared all jquery and bootstrap.js/.css files laoded by protostar, but cannot see any difference in files loaded by my gavick template (same files, location, etc.)

sharing = caring

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #14 by 810
could you try the nightly build. its on the download page, then do clean cache
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by 810.

More
3 years 11 months ago #15 by theITfactor
I know this thread is old, but the issue still exists when using Kunena with some Joomla templates because the modal divs are located verrrrrry nested inside the Joomla page content, rather than directly below the body like most applications handle them. If your Joomla template messes with the z-index then you run into problems quickly with the stacking context.

A fix would be to put all that modal content html right before the closing body tag to ensure minimal z-index interference. Alternatively, you can use jQuery to just "move" the modal html on pages with the editor.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds