Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Buttons That Disappear With Mouse Hover

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #11 by TKtemp

claudiodestasio wrote: Now is online the modified version of components/com_kunena/templates/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css by 9themestore (thank's!).

Be aware that this change will disappear when you upgrade Kunena.

claudiodestasio wrote: What I do not understand is why this problem I had just me?

This issue is caused by your Joomla Template. That is reason.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by TKtemp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: claudiodestasio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled
TKtemp is absolutely correct. The problem was caused by your Joomla site template. I spent about 45 minutes looking at your site and I found what caused the problem that made your forum buttons "disappear"; the problem was caused by an unnecessary !important attribute in your Joomla site template CSS file.

Because the problem was caused in your Joomla site template CSS file, that's the place where you should fix the problem, too. As TKtemp quite correctly says, you should not modify any files installed by Kunena unless (a) you know what you are doing and you are prepared to take the risk that, by modifying these files, this community will not be able to help you in future and (b) you are prepared make these same changes every time you upgrade Kunena in future, because updating Kunena will result in all these changes being lost.

Under no circumstances should you directly edit the file ../components/com_kunena/templates/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css. This is a message that we have tried to get across to the community on hundreds of occasions before. Unfortunately, this message does not seem to be resulting in success as we often see people writing "just modify the file kunena.forum-min.css and this will fix your problem". Modifying that file causes many more problems that it is worth. I am not going to repeat the many reasons why. Please accept, on face value, that it is unwise to modify that file, even of doing so seems to fix your current problem(s). It is our considered pinion that it's a bad idea to change the file ../components/com_kunena/templates/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css.

Anyway, I hope you fixed your problem and everything now works.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago #13 by claudiodestasio
I know that at every upgrade I should change the template and this is not an elegant solution. However I could not find in personal.css the rule that you say. I uploaded with the previous post the file personal.css (is the original beez20 version with only some colors modified; anyway i also try restoring all of the original beez20 css with same result).
What I do not understand is how this issue is only for me: i use the default template joomla beez20 and the default Kunena template!

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #14 by sozzled
If you apply these changes in your Joomla site template CSS file then you will not have to make the change whenever you update Kunena.

You have an issue because of something in your Joomla site template CSS file. I cannot say, for sure, whether your Joomla site template CSS file is an unchanged Beez20 template. It looks, to me, that you have changed it somehow. How did you change it? That's only a question that you can answer.

What I can say with total honesty is that, by using Firebug for Firefox on your website, I found what it was that was causing the issue. I was able to see the buttons (that disappear with a mouse-hover) by making a quick, temporary change to the CSS. It took me three-quarters of an hour to discover where I believed the issue lies. If the issue does not lie in ../templates/beez_20/css/personal.css at around line 61, then you have my apology. I am only informing of the information that Firebug reported to me when I viewed your website. If you have installed something else that changes your CSS "on-the-fly" then that's something only you know the answer to. Sometimes the only way I can respond to these kinds of questions is to refer people to Which came first? The template or the forum?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15 by claudiodestasio
Thank you for the precious advice. I'll start looking for the real problem on the local version of the site so I will have an excuse to study CSS on which i'm an absolute beginner!

More
11 years 2 months ago #16 by 9themestore
Hi claudiodestasio,

TKTemp and sozzled are right. This bug is Joomla template, we can fix it in the joomla template or Kunena template. But claudiodestasio don't know css and don't find the css code section same sozzled guide, so i have helped him override css in the Kunena template.

I would like to reaffirm that this is not the fault of the Kunena template.

Thanks all.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds