Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Going mad with modifying, please help

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by lefreak
I try to modify the common template 'blue eagle'. Changing several colors and nothing happens at all. Please help me.

A: Where to change the background Color?

B: Change color of the category title and how to remove its being bold?

C and D: How to change these colors?

E: How to remove that border or make it roundy?

F: How to remove that box where also goes 'mark all topics read'?

G: How to change that color AND the color by hover?

And at last, how to change the font?

I tried to figure out how to modify all these but it seems there is no real documentation for blue eagle 2.0 but how to find out without any documentation? I really hope that someone is going to answer these questions because for someone who knows kunena, this should be easy at all. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
As you know, this is a community-driven, self-help forum and, within those constraints, we will do our best to help you.

As a general rule, we advise people to read the FAQs page, in particular the section How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? . It would actually take me less time to make the changes on your website than it would to write the page or two of detailed instructions that will solve the problem for you. The question really is whether you would rather wait a few days and get the information for free, or would you rather pay me $50 and have the job done for you in less than an hour?

A: Where to change the background colour You can find out CSS that defines the background colour of any web element if you use one the built-in developers tools that come with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer or if you install the Firebug add-on for Firefox.

You will actually find, with a single mouseclick, that the background colour for section titles is defined with the directive
Code:
#Kunena div.kblock > div.kheader, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #538333 !important; }
This directive could be overridden in many ways. The easiest way to override this directive is to add your own CSS rule to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. In effect, the answer to the question "where" to change the background colour is to add your own rule(s) to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. We have had dozens of discussions on that topic.

Answer: add your own CSS rule to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. It is simpler to add your own rules instead of trying to modify the CSS files that are installed with Kunena. The Kunena CSS files are replaced when you upgrade Kunena; your Joomla site template file is not changed when you upgrade Kunena.

B How to change font colour and bold attribute of section titles? Again, the underlying CSS code is here:
Code:
#Kunena .kheader h2, #Kunena .kheader h2 a { color: #FFFFFF !important; } #Kunena .kheader h2, #Kunena .kheader h2 a { font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0; padding: 0; }

C and D: Changing colours: Do you mean the font colours or the background colours? I assume you mean background colours: These are defined here
Code:
#Kunena tr.krow2 td { background-color: #FFFFFF; } #Kunena tr.krow1 td { background-color: #F2F1EE; }

E. How do you make round corners This is a big question. You can do, as I did, your own research and discover how to use CSS to make borders rounded or, if this is too much trouble, you could contact me directly and I would be happy to provide to you the CSS code that we use on this site. Because it took me a few hours to design the round corners for this site, I am sure you would not think it's unreasonable if your request to me for the information was accompanied by an offer to pay me for my time to show you what to do.

F: How to remove that box where also goes 'mark all topics read'?
Code:
#Kunena .klist-markallcatsread { display: none; }

G How to change category link and hover font colour This is also fairly easy to do by changing these rules:
Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active { color: #5388B4; } #Kunena a:hover { color: #5388B4; }
But these may not be the only places where you may need to make changes.

How to change the font? In what way, specifically, do you want to change the font? Font colour, size, family, bolding, italicising ... how? The question may be simple but the answer is more difficult to give.

There does not need to be documentation for where, what and how to make simple changes to K 2.0 Blue Eagle template. The template is defined by CSS and there are many design tools that allow you to analyse what is happening. A small bit of knowledge about how CSS works (perhaps you could borrow or purchase a book) will probably be the best investment of your time. For those who do not want to learn anything about CSS there are professional web designers who can make these simple changes for you in less time than it takes to write the question.

Good luck. I hope I have given you a few things to think about.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lefreak

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by sniperskulls
Thank you very much for that post above. I am still a little confused. I have got everything but "G" from OP thread figured out. I am familiar with CSS, but im having trouble understand which CSS file actually affects this color. When I use the firefox web dev style editor I cant seem to get the color to change no matter where I put it. If you could point me to the CSS file that actually makes that change I can make the changes myself. The only file I could see with the headers for G you mentioned was in "kunena.forum.css" however changing that did not affect the site. I must be doing something wrong?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by 810
change the css kunena.forum-min.css

but first check your setting

backend - kunena - template manager - edit the template

there you will see the settings
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by 810.

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by sniperskulls
Ok I actually found it in "kunena.default-min.css" changed to

Code:
#Kunena a:link,#Kunena a:visited,#Kunena a:active,#Kunena a:focus{ color:green!important; background-color:transparent!important }

This worked for what I wanted. Thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds