Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Minor problem after installing K2.0 upgrade from K1.7x

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I just upgraded to K2.0 from K1.7x for my forum. I disabled all K1.7x extensions before the upgrade and I didn't get any error messages with the installation. But there are a few minor things I have to fix or adjust:

1) My forum had ads that displayed in 3 locations on each page for section/message/topic. But some of those pages are not displaying the ads anymore. The ads are in a custom HTML module. Here are the main module positions for each type of page that worked fine in K1.7x but not in K2.0:

kunena_msg_1
kunena_section_1
kunena_topic_4

Can you tell me if the module position names are different in K2.0 so I can change them to see if the ads display properly?

2) Plugin: System - Kunena Forum
The default for "Joomla Content Plugin Support" is "No" and "Run plugins on" is set to "Bodies".

What is this plugin for since I don't remember having it in K1.7.x? If I set it to "Yes" for Joomla Content what does that do?

3) Kunena Discuss at the bottom of articles is not displaying the ReCaptcha box. It worked fine in K1.7.x. Also, the Discuss section at the bottom of articles doesn't have the color/CSS look it had before when using Firefox. In IE it's fine but Firefox it's just all white. What CSS file handles that?
Can you tell me if that is a bug or if a setting change I need to make in K2.0?

Thanks for any advice!
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by nemmar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
1) Module positions should be the same, but they haven't all been tested, so we may miss some. Added this topic also to related issue, please check it for updates:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/901

2) Feature used to be in Kunena configuration, but was moved here. It basically calls Content - xxx plug-ins to be able to change the content. Plug-in was there also in K1.7, but it didn't have any options.

3) No ReCapcha? It's a bug if it should be in there. CSS file shows up (has plugin name) when you display page source.

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/issues/47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds