Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_PLEASE_ENT​ER_A_USER_NAME when editing profile

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by thomashygum
Me and my users suddenly start to get JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_PLEASE_ENT​ER_A_USER_NAME error when editing profiles. Why is this happening?

I have searched about this error, and cant find solution. There is some talk about directory permissions, but mine are all writable.

Here is system info:

Kunena:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_fracture | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: September 4, 2012

Kunena default template details : A1 - Kunena 2.0 | author: TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: 30.10.2012

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.3

System:
PHP Built On Linux web6 2.6.32-5-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Feb 25 02:04:08 UTC 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.66-0+squeeze1-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.22
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ] 8-November-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/25.0.1364.160 Chrome/25.0.1364.160 Safari/537.22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

When you edit your profile do you have filled the username field ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3 by thomashygum
No i havent. The username field is blank, and can't be edited because of a setting i made in kunena that users can't edit their username.

I've tried force fill the empty "username" field with inspector in chrome, so theres actually something in the field - but same error.

In fact the username isnt at the page of changing values like "place" and "gender", maybe it isnt in the form, maybe it is hidden...

These things used to work, now they doesnt.

I would love to give you acces to my forum so you can debug if you want?

Thomas
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by thomashygum.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4 by thomashygum
Update: I've made a lot of changes to the css and js recently on the template file, to solve other things. But this error is still there even if i change to a theme, which I never used (Beez) - where my code shouldnt be.

And the error is also still there if I use the default theme of Kunena. And the error is still there if i allow username editing, and fill in a username.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by thomashygum.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by xillibit
The error is still is you use Kunena blue eagle template ?

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by thomashygum

More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by xillibit

thomashygum wrote: No i havent. The username field is blank, and can't be edited because of a setting i made in kunena that users can't edit their username.

This field shouldn't be empty, it's weird

thomashygum wrote: I would love to give you acces to my forum so you can debug if you want?

Thomas

I'am interested to on site to see directly what's going on

More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by thomashygum
Sounds good! How do i send you login credentials? Is there PM in this forum?

More
10 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

thomashygum wrote: Sounds good! How do i send you login credentials? Is there PM in this forum?

There is no PM feature here.

See >>> here <<< for information that can help you.

More
10 years 11 months ago #10 by thomashygum
Ok, that link explains something about giving confidential info to some board members. But even though you write a lot about it, you dont give the most important info about that tag: Who can see this info? How can they see it?

But anyhow i guess its the method one uses to give support people access to ones site, so here it is:

In fact i just made a copy of the site at tf1.tantraforum.dk, and there it worked! The username shows in the username field.

Thank you for your help.

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds