×
Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6

×

Please Read This First:


Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website (www.kunena.org) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_PLEASE_ENT​ER_A_USER_NAME when editing profile

More
8 years 5 months ago #11 by Matias
Only our trusted team members can see the information (moderators in that category).

Were you able to fix the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #12 by thomashygum
Sort of. One of my friends developed a fix where the variable is reset to correct username.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13 by sozzled
Could you or your friend post the fix here so that that developers could look at it, please? :)

When you say that you "sort of" fixed the problem, which parts of the problem remain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #14 by thomashygum
well, we found out than on the profil page, the user object had certain values empty, namely the username. the userid were still there:
[user] => JUser Object
(
[isRoot:protected] => 1
[id] => 300
[name] => His Name
[username] => 
[email] => [email protected]
)
He found out the the user is correct logged in, but somewhere in the code, the username were overwritten.

So he made a little code to reset the variable:

includes/application.php in the method "authorise"
$table = $user->getTable();
if($table->load($user->id))
{
$original_properties = $table->getProperties();
if(isset($original_properties['username']))
{
$user->set('username', $original_properties['username']);
}
}

see whole changed function here: pastebin.com/aksvycS7

My friends hypothesis is that some bad plugin changes the username. The latest i had were frontent google analytics stats plugin, but i havent checked if that is the one causing it.

edit: It werent that plugin, i removed it and error were still there when fix commented.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by thomashygum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds