Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Top Posters statistics is outputting phantom accounts

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #11 by xillibit
When you delete an user, there are sill entries created by this user in polls or thankyou. I had started making a fix for that here : github.com/xillibit/Kunena/commit/9a3091...a3e325371045cd875ee8

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #12 by Winuser
But where are the phantom post counts coming from?

I know in my case that those numbers cannot be sums of old polls or thank yous, because deleted users are not active enough to participate in polls or give/receive thanks.

Or to put it more simply, how can the Top Posters report be listing data from polls or Thank You? :unsure:

More
11 years 1 week ago #13 by Matias
I know the answer in here.

When user gets deleted, all of its posts are kept in the database, unchanged. That means we still keep user ids for those records.

Statistics works by counting all posts from each user and listing the top ones -- which basically means that there are a few users in your site whose accounts were removed even if they had posts written by them. In all or at least most other views these posts are identified to be written by visitors. But statistics does not check if the user exists or not, which causes these phantom records to appear.

Keeping user id in the posts is OK, as it allows users to change their minds (and us to make a tool that allows to bind posts to a new user). But phantom users in statistics should be fixed.

Here's the bug in our issue tracker:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1619

More
11 years 1 week ago #14 by pnkr
I tried Recount Statistics from Forum tools but the problem remains.

Is there any way to fetch the right statistics?

Time to create page: 0.707 seconds