Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Typo in helper.php causes problem with reverse ordering (last post first)

More
11 years 1 month ago #21 by jpc0480
I removed the following from the helper.php file (line 212) and so far have no further errors or problems.
Code:
$count = 0; foreach ($location->hold as $meshold=>$values) { if (isset($hold[$meshold])) { $count += $values[$direction == 'asc' ? 'before' : 'after']; if ($direction == 'both') $count += $values['before']; } } return $count;

Kunena 3.0.4
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 2.5.18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #22 by GJSchaller
This hides the error, but it doesn't solve the problem - when you go to a page to discuss it, the link at the bottom is now missing, and the article can't be discussed.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #23 by xillibit
A way to fix it, in /plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php line 381, modify like that :
Code:
if ($topic->exists() ) $linktitle = JText::sprintf ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_DISCUSS_ON_FORUMS', $topic->getReplies() );

I have some information for remind, if needed in the future :
Code:
[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 19 is in the category map using Kunena category 2 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in front page. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 72 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic not found. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: No topic found ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying form ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showTopic: No messages to render ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 72 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 19 is in the category map using Kunena category 2 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in front page. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 71 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic not found. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: No topic found ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Topic creation time expired, cannot start new discussion anymore ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 71 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 19 is in the category map using Kunena category 2 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in front page. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 22 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic not found. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: No topic found ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Topic creation time expired, cannot start new discussion anymore ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 22 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 19 is in the category map using Kunena category 2 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in front page. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 24 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic not found. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: No topic found ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Topic creation time expired, cannot start new discussion anymore ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 24 ]

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpc0480, GJSchaller, Shimei, Ericles

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #24 by GJSchaller
I'm still running into the same issue as before, with the other fix - if an article had a page previously, and the discussion topic was deleted, there is no longer a link to discuss the article at the bottom of that article.

Actually, even on a new article - the option to discuss it does not appear at the bottom of the page, if the thread does not already exist.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by GJSchaller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
11 years 1 month ago #25 by xillibit
The problem is that the topic doesn't exist so you can't get a link to it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 1 month ago #26 by GJSchaller
I understand that - but if the plugin is set to create the topic on the first reply, it should still present the link, and then create the topic when someone clicks on it. It is not doing this.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
11 years 1 month ago #27 by Shimei

GJSchaller wrote: I'm still running into the same issue as before, with the other fix - if an article had a page previously, and the discussion topic was deleted, there is no longer a link to discuss the article at the bottom of that article.

Actually, even on a new article - the option to discuss it does not appear at the bottom of the page, if the thread does not already exist.

This seems to be so, unless one goes to the trash manager and deletes the old post there. Then the topics show up in the article by way of link after having been deleted, at least in my case.

And thanks xillibit, the change allowed the discuss plugin to work without error, however, the above mentioned seems to be a separate issue.

More
11 years 1 month ago #28 by jpc0480

xillibit wrote: A way to fix it, in /plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php line 381, modify like that :

Code:
if ($topic->exists() ) $linktitle = JText::sprintf ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_DISCUSS_ON_FORUMS', $topic->getReplies() );

Awesome! This fixed everything!

Kunena 3.0.4
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 2.5.18

More
11 years 1 month ago #29 by GJSchaller
I'm still stuck with links to threads not appearing on articles, unless the topic is already in existence. This makes the "Create topic on Reply" option unusable for me.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
10 years 11 months ago #30 by Peakoverload

GJSchaller wrote: I'm still stuck with links to threads not appearing on articles, unless the topic is already in existence. This makes the "Create topic on Reply" option unusable for me.

I'm getting this too. If I have the discuss plugin set to create topic on first visit then I don't get an error but if I have it set to first reply then I get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/message/helper.php on line 212

I've tried changing line 381 in kunenadiscuss.php from:
Code:
$linktitle = JText::sprintf ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_DISCUSS_ON_FORUMS', $topic->getReplies() );

to
Code:

but this has had a rather bizarre result. Now any article which has already had a forum thread created shows normally but the discuss plugin is completely missing from any article that hasn't previously had a thread started. This happens regardless of whether I have the plugin set to first visit or first reply. If set to first visit no threads are created in the forum and if set to first reply there is no discuss button showing with which to create a new thread!

My config:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_boot_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 03/11/2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4 | Kunena Stats 2.0.4 | Kunena Login 2.0.4 | Kunena Search 2.0.4

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds