Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Non existent thread gives 200 HTTP status code instead of 404

More
11 years 4 months ago #11 by Matias
Yes, this is indeed a known issue in Kunena and currently there's no fix for it. It's also unlikely that it will be fixed for the 2.0.4 version as we're already testing the release and I'm not much around before new year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12 by cybnet
Ok, I understand.

I forgot that K2.0 is near to end of life and K3.0 is very close ( www.kunena.org/blog/110-kunena-roadmap-2012 ).

More
11 years 4 months ago #13 by LittleJohn
Hi

Just fyi - Matias and I did look into this yesterday and added the ability to have HTTP error codes on errors.
For non-existent posts and folders at least, a 404 will be thrown, beginning with Kunena 2.0.4.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cybnet

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #14 by cybnet

LittleJohn wrote: For non-existent posts and folders at least, a 404 will be thrown, beginning with Kunena 2.0.4.

Hope this helps.

Great!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by cybnet.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15 by cybnet

Matias wrote: Yes, this is indeed a known issue in Kunena and currently there's no fix for it. It's also unlikely that it will be fixed for the 2.0.4 version as we're already testing the release and I'm not much around before new year.

[strike]Not fixed in Kunenea 2.0.4. Please, don't forget this issue for Kunena 3.0.[/strike]

Thanks for fix this issude in kunena 2.0.4!!
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by cybnet.

More
11 years 1 month ago #16 by neujensl
It doesn't look this is fixed in 2.0.4 ?! example access denied
As you can see in the example above it is still sending the access denied and i'm running the latest version of kunena.
Best practice would be to redirect the requester to the general category (or in case this would also be deleted to the top of forum ) with the message that the topic no longer exists .

More
11 years 1 month ago #17 by cybnet
Hi neujensl,

The message is the same but not the http status code which is now 404 (Page not found). For me the most important thing on this has been fixed because. Now Google and other search engines will not index all of those duplicate pages.

More
11 years 1 month ago #18 by neujensl
this can be correct ...
but it looks the links are still crawled for some reason since i get them reported as errors in webmaster tools from google .

I don't understand why google is crawling topics that are deleted .
Why is the page about access denied showed where there is nothing to access since it has been deleted ???

So I hope this will be better errohandled in kunena 3.0

Can a beta from 3.0 already been tested actually since i don't see much in public about it yet .. .

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #19 by cybnet
Crawled and indexed is not the same. Google can crawl URL you don't even know in your website, but not all URL are indexed. A 404 error when crawling the URL of a deleted topic is not a error at all, it is the correct behaviour: 404 means that the URL doesn't exist, so that URL won't be indexed and, in case it is already indexed, it will be deindexed.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by cybnet.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds