Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Moderate screen gives error message: Invalid argument - moderate.php line 44

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I have a J2.5.6 site with a Kunena 2.0.2 forum. I am getting an error message in the posts when I try to moderate them. I have attached a screenshot.

... Invalid argument... moderate.php on line 44

Thanks for any advice on how to fix this!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by nemmar
Hi sozzled,

Here is my Kunena Forum configuration report. Since you wrote you haven't seen this problem before, I should mention that I have the Admin Tools Pro extension installed on my site and I have SuperUser login blocked in the site frontend. So I have a Registered user setup as the Kunena forum moderator. I don't know if that security restriction could be what is conflicting with the Kunena moderator issue.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_reflex | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: February 16, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for the additional information.

I'm also not sure if some other extension(s) you may have added will cause the kind of error you are getting. Although, for the most part, K 2.0.2 should work quite well with K 2.5 we are aware that some issues mean that it would be more reasonable to write that K 2.0.x is not necessarily 100% J! 2.5 compatible in all cases.

If you have made modifications to the Joomla ACL settings (and applied custom Joomla ACL settings to how your users access the component) then this may add a further layer of complications to the case. Under those circumstances, it may be advisable to set your Joomla ACL settings - as they apply to the Kunena component - in a more "standard" (or default-like) way and see if this overcomes the problem.

It's also possible that some other extension included with your Rockettheme template may be the cause of the problem and that's something you may need to discuss with the Rockettheme people to see if they are aware of the issue.

One thing is evident from your config report: your Kunena forum is not setup in the way we recommend that it might be done (see The Kunena Menu for further information).

Perhaps other members of the community have see this error message, too, and may like to contribute their thoughts on the matter?

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by Winuser
It's a PHP warning, not an error. A PHP error will cause a script to terminate. You are seeing it because you have your PHP warning setting enabled.

Anyhoo... the warning is thrown in moderate.php (which belongs to Kunena). Typically you get those warnings when an operation is permitted on an element (i.e., a variable) before that element is initialized. For example, incrementing a loop counter should be done only after the counter is set to integer value zero. Thus, it's technically a coding flaw in the moderate.php script. It's also a very common warning because loops, arrays and other operations are often coded on the assumption that the target element will never be NULL. Eventually you can run into a scenario where the element IS null.

More
11 years 3 months ago #6 by fifi

sozzled wrote: Perhaps other members of the community have see this error message, too, and may like to contribute their thoughts on the matter?

I got the same "invalid argument" when I want to moderate a post and, further more, it is impossible to move a post in another subject :sick:

More
11 years 3 months ago #7 by cuertech
I get the error message outlined during a post moderation operation but the operation is successful nevertheless.

More
11 years 3 months ago #8 by cuertech
Further to my last post and after looking at the line 44 in the moderate.php file and seeing the reference object (selectable topic items), in Kunena configuration I turned "Selectable topic icons) back on and subsequent to that the error / warning message does not appear during post or topic moderation operations.

At the outset of using the forum I had selectable topic icons enabled but recently turned them off so perhaps changing configuration causes the error to be shown - other than just showing the message nothing was really affected.
Over to some one else :D

More
11 years 3 months ago #9 by fifi
Can you show the modification of the code please ?

More
11 years 3 months ago #10 by cuertech

fifi wrote: Can you show the modification of the code please ?

I did not change any code, just changed the forum configuration from selectable topic items disabled back to selectable topic icons enabled - this stopped the warning message appearing during post or topic moderation operations - all worked normally in all cases, I was just getting the warnings.
Your case may be different Fifi.

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds