Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Disappearing polls

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #11 by sozzled

peetree21 wrote: ... looks like there is a bug

Well, yes there's one defect you've found and maybe the original question could be considered a defect or it could be considered something like "once you've created a poll then you shouldn't change it".

Looking at the second issue that you've discovered, the order is not random. The order is based on the way the poll options are sorted. SQL is not very smart here: option 10 sorts lower than option 2, like this

1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

So that explains one aspect of the problem and, in this regard, it's a "bug" (strictly-speaking it's a design flaw). This defect only manifests itself if you have more than 9 options. Therefore, for most forum "straw polls", most people will never see this happen (especially when you consider that the default configuration setting is for a maximum of 8 options). Therefore, unless people change the configuration, this too is also fairly unlikely.

The question is, what do we do about it? The answer is to report it on GitHub. I have done this for you: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1041
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12 by Brigonos
Replied by Brigonos on topic Disappearing polls
On my forum if anyone edits any post in the thread with a poll it vanishes.

More
11 years 7 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Disappearing polls

Brigonos wrote: On my forum if anyone edits any post in the thread with a poll it vanishes.

Any post? I have not heard of that happening. I would accept that if you edited the first post you would have a problem. We also know that if you try to merge a topic (that has a poll) with another topic then you will lose the poll. The same thing also happens if you merge a topic (with a poll) with another topic that has a poll; the polls from both topics will be "vaporised".

Getting back to your statement. Can you, too, experiment on the Playground on this website to verify the claim that editing any post in a topic makes a poll disappear? Thank you. We would appreciate your feedback on this subject as soon as possible.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #14 by syapa
Replied by syapa on topic Disappearing polls
I'm having the very same problem.

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by syapa.

More
11 years 7 months ago #15 by Ultima Ratio
Replied by Ultima Ratio on topic Disappearing polls
Same problem here too...

When users edit post on poll's thread, the poll disappear & vote are lost...

:whistle:

More
11 years 7 months ago #16 by sozzled

Ultima Ratio wrote: When users edit post on poll's thread, the poll disappear & vote are lost.

As far as we know, the problem only happens when someone edits the first message in a topic and only if they edit the options. In other words, once you have created a poll, you cannot edit, add or remove any options. If you try to edit, add or remove any poll options, then the whole poll disappears.

We have not seen any evidence that if you edit, say, the second or third or later posting in a poll topic that these edits destroy the poll. Feel free to experiment in our Playground area. If you find evidence in our Playground of this happening, please report it in this topic. Thank you. :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #17 by Ultima Ratio
Replied by Ultima Ratio on topic Disappearing polls
Then, you know now a new version of the problem... Just reporting it...

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #18 by sozzled
Have you tested this on our Playground? Can we see this problem in K 2.0.2?

Use the topic Testing for "disappearing polls" for your test. for your test.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19 by sozzled
Has anyone actually tested on our forum the idea that I suggested over one month ago?

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds