Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Global moderators can see deleted topics

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by vandommele
As I have noticed, in Kunena 2.0.1 Global Moderators can see deleted topics even wehn "Show Deleted Messages" is set to "Administrators Only" while this should not be the case. Can you fix this bug?

Thank you in advance!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gameon-fjt | author: FJT | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 01-03-2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIM 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
Thank you for report. I can confirm this bug (is listed now on Github).
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1014
The following user(s) said Thank You: vandommele

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by Pinkeltje
Thank you. Fixed worked. But there is another problem that is related I think.
We want moderators to see deleted replies, so settings for Show deleted topics are Administrators and moderators.
I'll try to explain what happens. When a topic has 19 replies and pagination is set to 15 per page, all works well when less then 4 replies are (not permanently) deleted . When 4 or more replies are deleted then pagination disappears for moderators and they can't see the new replies on the second page.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

Pinkeltje wrote: When 4 or more replies are deleted then pagination disappears for moderators and they can't see the new replies on the second page.

I don't think it's a case of 4 or more replies being deleted. It's more likely to happen if any one of those deleted posts happens to be the parent of other posts. Then lots of problems occur.

It's a bit technical, but let me try to explain the situation. Although we prefer to use the term "topic", a topic can consist of a number of seemingly independent discussion "threads". You will understand this more when you look at the threaded view of a topic. I could explain this a lot easier if I didn't have to type the answer but, very simply, if you delete the post that is the "beginning of a new thread" (within a topic) then pagination goes haywire. There's a workaround - it would take me about 10 minutes to explain it (via Skype).

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by Pinkeltje
Trying to give you the math explanation:
Example:
Pagination is set to 15
Number of discussions is 20
Delete 4 discussions.
Math is:
Number of discussions - Deleted discussions: 20-4=16
Result of the above - Pagination: 16-15=1
Result in forumview: Pagination still visible (including the deleted discussions greyed out) and all 20 discussions are still there.
Now delete one more discussion which makes the total of deleted discussions 5.
Math is:
Number of discussions - Deleted discussions: 20-5=15
Result of the above - Pagination: 15-15=0
Result in forumview: Pagination not visible. Deleted discussions are gone.

@sozzled: hope this works. But at least you know now how to reproduce it if my explanation isn't clear enough! Thx!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks for you help with this, Pinkeltje.

I've reported the matter as a defect that potentially can affect other users: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1036

Obviously there are workarounds to prevent the situation from occurring. It would be nice to fix the problem so that moderators will not have any concerns that, if they delete a certain number of messages, they won't mess up a topic so that the forum fails to display undeleted messages, too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pinkeltje

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

This has been fixed for 2.0.2 release

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by Pinkeltje
Hate to say this, but just updated Kunena on my testserver to 2.0.2. and the problem still exists. Maybe the problem wasn't explained clearly enough?

More
11 years 5 months ago #9 by vandommele
Strange, seems fixed to me.

However, it came to my attention that even though it is set that only Administrators can see deleted posts and topics, Global Moderators still can use the search function and see the first 5 lines of deleted topics. I think this is a bug too?

More
11 years 5 months ago #10 by Pinkeltje
As far as I can check it, it is fixed for Global moderators, but not for moderators. As it states moderators in the settings I suppose it means all moderators and not only Global moderators?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds