Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question After log off no new posts

More
11 years 8 months ago #11 by Pinkeltje
@sozzled:

This changes the whole perspective. Reading the topic subject "After log off ..." but, if you don't actually log off.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't happen when users logs off. I just put it there as extra information that might be usefull to the developers.

but what I discovered is, that when you stay logged in (using remember me) everything works as expected.

And @alsthom reacted on that.
FYI: Cache is off, both sessions are on 1800 seconds/30 minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic After log off no new posts
Please advise if these changes make any difference. Thank you.

When you think about it, caching is not particularly effective in a website where the content is dynamically changing. Obviously, in a website where you have a discussion forum, the content is even more volatile. It may be worth considering disabling Joomla caching.

When you logout then what is supposed to happen is your Joomla session and Kunena session records are updated. When you simply close the browser window, the Joomla session and Kunena session elements will "time out" at slightly different times from one another but, whether the records are updated or not remains a complete mystery (to me). We need to establish the conditions under which we can faithfully reproduce the conditions that contribute to this problem.

I am hoping that the current pressure-cooker situation that exists in the development/bugfixing area, will ease soon, after we've completed an important parcel of work that we're presently engaged with. Please be patient. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds