Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.3 has been Released (31 Mar 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.3 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved New Indicator

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic # New Topics Icon
I apologise. When you posted your question I had assumed that you had already searched the forum and that you had found other topics that related to your problem. I did not fully comprehend the meaning of your question until I read it again just now. If I am correct in my understanding of your question, you are describing an issue with the NEW indicator on the Recent Topics view. Am I correct?

We have had many discussions about the NEW indicator, including this one: New Indicator . Does that help?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sohopros

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #22 by sohopros
Replied by sohopros on topic # New Topics Icon
Running the referenced query did the trick - thanks!

More
7 years 7 months ago #23 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic New Indicator
*** Topics merged ***

More
7 years 7 months ago #24 by sohopros
Replied by sohopros on topic New Indicator
bummer - came back to the site today and the "New" indicator is back for topics already read - even after running the recommended script. :(

More
7 years 7 months ago #25 by sozzled
I know the feeling, sohopros.

It's a damned nuisance even for me.

The issue is that Joomla doesn't refresh pages when you use the browser back button.

We're looking into this but the basic problem (as I understand it) is something hard-coded in Joomla.

More
7 years 6 months ago #26 by e-bil.dk
Replied by e-bil.dk on topic Problems with new topics
My users experience when they read a post and visit my website afterwards, so it is the same topic as new, even if there have been any new posts in the thread. I have latest version and it is in the plugin latest forum posts that I have on the front page

My site is e-bil.dk

More
7 years 6 months ago #27 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

More
7 years 6 months ago #28 by e-bil.dk
Replied by e-bil.dk on topic Problem with new post
I have problems with my plugin recent forum posts, the posts appearing as unread, then new posts will reappear when you log into the page even if you've read the latest posts and there have been any new posts in the thred.

I run with Joomla 2.5.7 and Kunena 2.0.2

Is this a bug in the new Kunena 2.0? I did not experience this bug in version 1.7

More
7 years 6 months ago #29 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

More
7 years 5 months ago #30 by dougmcneill
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : js_wright | author: Joomlashack | version: 3.0.10 | creationdate: August 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

I've noticd that forums topics that I've previously read, and which have no posts, will sometimes show up as having a new post in them. I'm not certain, but my running theory is that this occurs when one of my moderators posts something new - that seems to be when I suddenly find many of my previusly fully-read topics showing up with the "new" icon beside them again.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds