Kunena 5.1.16 Released (18 Mar 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.16 [K 5.1.16] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Moderators Not Receiving New Topic/New Post Emails

More
7 years 8 months ago #21 by Matias
Restored the old behavior, but added a new option to get Kunena 2.0 behavior as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #22 by daveyboye
Hey Matias, do you have the patch files for this fix so I can give it a quick test?

More
7 years 8 months ago #23 by Matias

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #24 by mattfaulds
Matias

I have spent a long time today trying to pin down two problems in Kunena 2.0 (on J! 1.5). One is relevant to this thread.

I think there is a small bug introduced in administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/message/message.php, sendNotification function.

Around line 140 it reads:

if ($this->hold > 1) {
return;
} elseif ($this->hold == 1) {
$mailsubs = 0;
$mailmods = (bool) $config->mailmod;
$mailadmins = (bool) $config->mailadmin;
} else {
$mailsubs = (bool) $config->allowsubscriptions;
$mailmods = 0;
$mailadmins = 0;
}

By the looks of it this is meant to:
1) hold notifications if an edit
2) if for moderation before posting, notify mods and admins
3) if for posting, notify subscribers

But, this misses sending notifications to mods and admins if for posting without moderation, even if you have set to notify admins and/or mods.

My adjustment, v simple of course:

if ($this->hold > 1) {
return;
} elseif ($this->hold == 1) {
$mailsubs = 0;
} else {
$mailsubs = (bool) $config->allowsubscriptions;
}

Matt
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mattfaulds.

More
7 years 8 months ago #25 by mattfaulds
Oh, Already in the git by mahagr, #916

More
7 years 8 months ago #26 by sozzled
Therefore, this issue should now be solved by K 2.0.1. Correct?

More
7 years 8 months ago #27 by milstanyu

sozzled wrote: Therefore, this issue should now be solved by K 2.0.1. Correct?

After upgrade to 2.0.1 the issue is solved! Great! Keep up the good work guys!

Try our Joomla templates and WordPress themes www.hotjoomlatemplates.com

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #28 by derekk
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ccc_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field name ccc_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field description ccc_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field headerdesc ccc_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field class_sfx ccc_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field name ccc_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field email ccc_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field subject ccc_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field modified_reason ccc_kunena_messages_text have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field message ccc_kunena_ranks have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field rank_title ccc_kunena_ranks have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field rank_image ccc_kunena_sessions have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field allowed ccc_kunena_sessions have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field readtopics ccc_kunena_smileys have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field code ccc_kunena_smileys have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field location ccc_kunena_smileys have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field greylocation ccc_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field view ccc_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field signature ccc_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field personalText ccc_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field location ccc_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field websitename ccc_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field websiteurl

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_tachyon | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.6 | creationdate: March 27, 2012

Kunena default template details : Aqua - Kunena 2.0 | author: TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: 13.10.2012

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.3

I have exact problem and I am using Kunena 2.0.4 and Joomla 2.5.8.

The fix was applied for 2.0.1 but I still have the problem?

I ran the url to see who gets emails
"Try this url in your site:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=tools&layout=subscriptions&id=XXX
Where XXX is topic id (seen in SEF URLs just before topic name)

It should display who gets email for that topic and why (three numbers are: subscribed, moderator, administrator). "

I am assuming that if they have a number 1 in the column that means they are set to yes or on.
I am assuming it does not mean the number of emails they have received.
I am assuming that if their in this list they must have received an email or are set to receive an email in one of the 3 categories subscribed, moderator, administrator

The people I have assigned as moderators for the category do not show up as receiving emails in the list for my url, they do not show up as moderators in this list?

In fact one person who is not assigned as a moderator does show up in this list as a moderator?

They show up as administrators and they are in the list but they are not receiving emails when a post is made in their category?

In the edit category and then moderation tab I see the list of moderators they all have checkboxes that are empty to the left and the published column on the right is blank.

If I check one and save nothing happens?
Why is the publishedd column blank it used show green check marks in Joomla 1.5 and the old 1.5 kunena?

OK found it the image is blank in firefox and the red x shows in IE.
The path to the green checkmark that is supposed to be there is
/administrator/images/tick.png
Of course that path does not exist?

Should I create the folder and path ?
What does the checkbox actually do?

Well what a an escapade this was!!!!

Turns out part of the fix is this:
If you go into the user manager and select the person you want to be a moderator.

You select is moderator? "yes"
Then you pick the Global Moderator and no other categories leave them all unselected.

Now when I go to the URL that shows the list for the category they show up as moderators.

Next step is to verify they get the emails????

I can provide you with super user access.
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by derekk. Reason: partial fix

More
6 years 11 months ago #29 by derekk
update is Idiscovered the two moderators not getting emails were using comcast.

Found that comcast is blocking port 25

However this morning these two moderators received an email confirmation from one of the categories, category #3

They have not received the notifications from any of the other categories,

Can you help me isolate or choose an option to troubleshoot this?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds