Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 has been Released for Kunena 5.2 (20 Jan 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Moderators Not Receiving New Topic/New Post Emails

More
8 years 7 months ago #11 by daveyboye
This is not the case. I am on a solid web hosting company with everything i need enabled. I receive emails for anything i have it enabled for on the site uncluding but not limited to jomsocial, joomla article comments, kunena user subscriptions, etc. Email works perfectly for all those and always has. I do receive kunena emails for subscriptions. I am not receiving emails for moderated categories. I am asking for a little deeper help. Please dont blow off. It worked perfectly up until the 2.0 rc versions. My moderators are used to not checking the forum until they receive emails bc we have limited activity. Please help...Matias!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #12 by milstanyu
Same problem here! It's not about hosting, I have dedicated server and all software I have sends email properly, all but Kunena, after I upgrade to 2.0.0.

Try our Joomla templates and WordPress themes www.hotjoomlatemplates.com

More
8 years 7 months ago #13 by milstanyu
Quick update. It does not send emails to moderators to inform them NEW topic has been opened. It sends emails normally to inform about topic REPLIES.

More
8 years 7 months ago #14 by sozzled
The subject in this topic is confusing to me. I want to make sure that I properly understand the subject.

To milstanyo and daveyboye: Which of the following two statements are true?

(1) Moderators on my site do not receive emails when new topics are created.

(2) Moderators on my site do not receive emails when messages are posted in reply to existing topics.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #15 by milstanyu
This one is true for me:

(1) Moderators on my site do not receive emails when new topics are created.

All moderators are "global moderators". I tried to change them to category moderators, but problem persists. When somebody replies the post THAT'S CREATED BEFORE UPGRADE TO 2.0.0, emails are sent normally.

Replies of new posts (created after update to 2.0.0) are NOT SENT to the moderators by email as well.

Everything worked normally on 1.7.2. I have Joomla 1.5.26.

Under Security tab, both option E-mail Moderators and E-mail Administrators are set to YES.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by milstanyu.

More
8 years 7 months ago #16 by sozzled
milstanyu: I need answers to both questions. I assume from your reply that the answers to the two questions are:

(1) True

(2) True

Have I correctly assumed the answers? We also need to see the a response from daveyboye.

More
8 years 7 months ago #17 by milstanyu
1) true

2) true, but if a topic has been created before upgrade to 2.0.0, I receive email notifications. However, if a topic has been created after upgrade, no email notifications are received

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #18 by daveyboye
Moderators period are not receiving emails unless they have actually physically posted on a topic. So the answer would be true to both. It seems the forum is NOT recognizing category moderators and NOT sending them emails when new topics and new replies are made in the category they are managing. I had made this clear several times. The problem is not with normal user subscriptions. The problem is with category moderators NOT receiving emails. I feel this area/option got neglected when 2.0 was being developed because kunena testing sites do not use the option of sending emails to moderators of their categories because they would get overwhelmed. My site is a smaller site with less activity, so our moderators don't check the forums regularly unless they receive an email that either a new topic was made in their category or a new post/reply was made in their category.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM NORMAL USER SUBSCRIPTIONS. IT SOUNDS LIKE Milstanyu SITE AND MY SITE ARE RECEIVING NORMAL USER SUBSCRIPTIONS.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by daveyboye.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19 by GoremanX
Hi daveyboye,

This is a known bug in Kunena 2.0.0 and is scheduled to be fixed for Kunena 2.0.1 very soon. Sorry about the confusion.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
8 years 7 months ago #20 by daveyboye

GoremanX wrote: Hi daveyboye,

This is a known bug in Kunena 2.0.0 and is scheduled to be fixed for Kunena 2.0.1 very soon. Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks! I know you guys work hard to perfect kunena for the masses and appreciate all your hard work. I just wanted to make sure this bug got addressed in order for 2.0 to be as bug free as possible. You guys are great!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds