Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena Discuss 2.0.1: Guests cannot be the first ones to make a comment on an article

More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by kross76
Exactly the same problem here. If you want to use kunenadiscuss and have guests create the first comment on an article, it hangs. When you try to refresh the page, you get a captcha error.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago #12 by nemmar
Has the Kunena Discuss 2.0.2 plugin been fixed yet for the bug that prevents Guests from posting first in articles?

Or is it something the developers are working on and will release an update/fix in the near future?
More
11 years 6 months ago #13 by sozzled

nemmar wrote: Has the Kunena Discuss 2.0.2 plugin been fixed yet for the bug that prevents Guests from posting first in articles?

Or is it something the developers are working on and will release an update/fix in the near future?

You (and I) can follow the work of the Kunena project team on GitHib. You can search for this issue, if it was reported, what people have done about it, has the fix been tested, etc., on GitHub. When you have searched on GitHub then could you also let me know because I would like to know the answer, too. I am not writing this note at the moment from the comfort of my home (otherwise I would search GitHub for you), but if you would like to wait a week -when I'll be home again - could you remind me? Or, you could search for the information yourself, and let me know. Thank you. :)
More
11 years 6 months ago #14 by nemmar
Hi sozzled,

I checked the GitHub site but I could not find the posts about the Discuss plugin bug. Let me know if you have a link on that site where the information is located.

Thanks.
More
More
11 years 5 months ago #16 by rich
I have tested now and it works. The blank page or error is only with wrong setting in category manager. "User Groups Allowed To Post" must be public also the option "User Groups Allowed To Reply".

Attachments:
More
11 years 5 months ago #17 by nemmar

rich wrote: I have tested now and it works. The blank page or error is only with wrong setting in category manager. "User Groups Allowed To Post" must be public also the option "User Groups Allowed To Reply".

Hi,

I have my Kunena categories all set with the correct "public" permissions and my Discuss plugin does NOT work. When a guest tries to post the first comment for an article the comment does not get saved nor added to the database.

Does anyone else know of any other possible fixes for this bug in Kunena Discuss?
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #18 by sozzled
I only just reported this issue on GitHub today. From the looks of things, the development team was unaware of the existence of this issue until just now. I spoke to Matias last night and he was not aware of the problem and he asked me to report it. Matias has been unable to look at messages posted on the forum for the last couple of months and he relies on other members of the community (including moderators like me) to identify issues for him so that he can investigate them more closely.

Because the majority of Kunena forum sites around the world do not allow guest posting (and most of us who volunteer our time on the project do not use guest posting in our own sites) this may explain why this issue has gone unnoticed for as long as it has. Certainly there is no problem if your site does not allow guest posting. That may be a short-term workaround. Disable guest posting on your site and encourage people who visit your site to register and login so that they can comment on your Joomla articles.

I sympathise with the desire that people have to get this problem fixed but we will have to wait until someone who has the technical know-how (and the time to work on the issues) in order to resolve this to your satisfaction.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 5 months ago #19 by sozzled
Please read the latest update on GitHub in relation to this matter. The problem has been reported as fixed in KD 2.0.3.
More
11 years 5 months ago #20 by nemmar

sozzled wrote: Please read the latest update on GitHub in relation to this matter. The problem has been reported as fixed in KD 2.0.3.

Hi sozzled,

Do you know when KD 2.0.3 with the fix will be available to download? I checked the Kunena download page and only K 2.0.2 versions are available to download.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds