Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question [img size=n] BBcode does not change image size on my website

More
11 years 1 week ago #11 by sozzled
Sorry, that's the way the cookie crumbles, I'm afraid to say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #12 by Bob Britt
Well let's not forget that img size=XXX is still not working on our site, any help will be great.

More
11 years 1 week ago #13 by Bob Britt
Hey Solves, you moved this to solved, this is not solved.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #14 by sozzled
What do you think needs to be solved?

There is no width setting for the IMG tag in K 2.0; there is only the size setting (and we know this works). There was no width=xxx setting for this tag in K 1.7 (which is no longer support) or K 1.6 (which is no longer supported) and I do not know about K 1.5 or K 1.0 which are so old/out-of-date that we do not know what was in those versions. The answer to your question is to use the size setting.

I do not understand what it is that needs to be solved. Can you please explain in more detail, specifically, what needs to be solved, please?

Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 week ago #15 by Bob Britt

sozzled wrote: What do you think needs to be solved?

There is no width setting for the IMG tag in K 2.0; there is only the size setting (and we know this works).

Not on my website. img size is not working. It does not render the image what so ever.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #16 by sozzled
I've changed the subject of this topic to make it more relevant to the current situation.

I don't know the precise cause of why, in your situatiion, images are not resized. Because we've been able to demonstrate that BBcode for K 2.0.4 works as expected on a no-frills, unmodified installation (e.g. at www.kunena.org ), this eliminates Kunena as the cause.

This leaves us with the following possibilities:

1) Do the necessary PHP functions exist, on your hosted platform, that support dynamic image resizing?
2) A J! 1.5 runtime issue caused by software external to K 2.0.4 (e.g. the Joomla template that you are using). For example, what if you tried a similar test using the rhuk_milkyway template for J! 1.5?
3) A browser-related issue (e.g. FF 18+ introduced a few altered Javascript behaviours that were unsupported in Mootools 1.2.4; there is a topict devoted to some of these issues in this forum)
4) a configuration change that you've made, that I've overlooked; try using default config. settings for K 2.0 on your site.
5) A corrupt installation of K 2.0.4 on your site; reinstall K 2.0.4.

We know that Kunena itself is not the cause of the problem in this one reported case. Identifying the cause may take some time. My first suggestion is for you to construct a test site on your hosted platform, install a vanilla-flavoured J! 1.5.26 upon it with no changes made to the installation whatsoever, install K 2.0.4 and make no changes to It, and then run the same test as before.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Britt

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 6 days ago #17 by Bob Britt
Great trouble shooting advice sozzled,but... All steps check out fine and the problem persist.

I do Network/Client support in a large network, many a time I have said it's not worth the effort to track down a problem with a PC (virus or whatever) when you can reimage it in just 1 hour. In that light, we've decided to migrate our site to J!2.5 and have purchased SPupgrade to complete the task. Hopefully that problem will not follow us to the new system.

Thank you for your help, you can close this topic.
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by Bob Britt.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds