Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hynnen, NOESM, saeedvt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by louver123
I would like my members to go to INDEX tab instead of RECENT TOPICS tab when they go into Kunena Forum. Is this a setting, hack or mod?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice that anyone can give me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NOESM

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by 9themestore
Hi,

The Kunena default supported direct to Index page or Recent topic page. To answer your question you do any following steps.

Step 1: Login to your back-end.
Step 2: Go to the forum menu in the back-end.
Step 3: Look the right side. In the Menu item choose the "Index".
Step 4: Save and back to front-end and refresh.

Please see the following image.

Regards!

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Attachments:

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by louver123
Thanks a lot. Works like a charm.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #5 by cathy1967
I'm going cross-eyed looking for the option that allows me to display the Index Page instead of the Recent Topics page when you open the forum (Kunena 2.0.4.) Where is that option? I can't find it anywhere. :huh:
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by cathy1967.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #6 by 810
Hi Cathy,

Go to backend - Menu - Kunena Menu

Open Forum item

change to index at "Default Menu Item"

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #7 by cathy1967
Thank you! :D I was going crazy looking for that. :)

More
11 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #9 by sarrene
Hello and good afternoon,
I have [strike]two[/strike] questions regarding setting up the forums and getting them to work for us.

1) I have a question regarding the breadcrumbs and the Forum Home. I noticed that on our test site if you click either breadcrumbs (kunenas or joomla's) it takes us to the Recent Topics instead of the forums Index page. I notice that 'index' is not applied to the bredcrumbs (neither Joomlas nor Kunenas) url.

I am sure I missed something. Can you let me know how to fix this? I know it is possible as it is done here as I would like.

[strike]2) Also, I notice that I cannot get the menu item to work correctly. I would like to have the forum menu item to display it as 'active'. (hover and focus work fine).
[/strike]
triadmain.com/forum/index

Thank you very much! it is greatly appreciated!

Sarrene'
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Convert site name into clickable link; remove second question

More
10 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
G'day, sarenne, and welcome to Kunena.

This topic explains how to change the default view (the forum "home") from "Recent Topics" to a category Index view.

I have removed your second question. We prefer that people ask questions relating to a single subject. If you have a question on a different subject, please use a separate topic for those other questions. As general background, you should read Kunena Menu issues in the Wiki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarrene

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds