Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Display "Reply" or "Create Topic" buttons before a person has logged-in

More
11 years 5 months ago #11 by ktbgreat3
Actually maybe Its not related to sh404sef, but rather something with kunena...I think Ill go open another topic rather than take the topic off of the "reply buttons" here.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #12 by sozzled
Yes, it would be better to discuss issues relating to sh404SEF in its own category or, better still, ask the sh404SEF developers if they have a version that's compatible with K 2.0.2.

K 1.7 is no longer supported by the Kunena project. For further information regarding the [currently-known] details about interoperability of Kunena and other Joomla extensions, I refer you to the table in Kunena Features .

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #13 by ktbgreat3
Oh I just installed 1.7 and for a moment I saw the awesomeness of the Reply button and Make Post buttons, whilst not being logged in!!! It was awesome! Unfortunately I was having troubles with duplicate alias issues so Ive reverted back to 2.0.2 for now... but I really really hope that a new version will come out soon with this feature. Its only a plus.

Would this be in the pipeline?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by ktbgreat3.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14 by ktbgreat3
Any chance this feature is in the new 2.0.3 version?

Thanks

More
11 years 4 months ago #15 by sozzled
This is not in the current version, K 2.0.3 , and, as far as I know, it will not be in the next maintenance release (K 2.0.4) wither. The best way to get this feature into a new version of Kunena is to lobby the development team directly on the matter; in that way I'm able to steer clear of being involved because I am not a developer :lol:

The way to directly lobby the development team is to create a new issue for this subject on GitHub and get the information directly "from the horse's mouth". Good luck. I hope you get an answer as to why (it seems) something that was there in K 1.7 is not there in K 2.0 and how you could get that something back into your forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmplr

More
11 years 4 months ago #16 by ktbgreat3
Thanks for your help sozzled!

Ive just put in that issue with GitHub now, so maybe this feature with get some traction :)

Cheers
Katie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmplr

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #17 by Fox
The sozzled's idea is more logic (prevent the user from seeing what he as anonymous can't do), but in the real world, we have to deal with monkey users, and this solution is not monkey proof.

UI developer sometimes take an intermediate solution: showing grey / disabled controls. This is a little better. The button tells that in some circumstances you may be able to do that action, but now now.
It is frustrating when you don't know how to unlock that control / feature.

I can demonstrate that the administrators of this forum agree whit that. :)
I always see the Donate button at the top of this page.
I should see it only when and while I already have a valid PayPal login session in my browser.
In addition, the button is not 100% exact. It should be titled "Login then fill your data then chose the amount, finally confirm to perform your donation".
However, the admins have intended this button as "This in the first step for donating, you may start from here", and they called it simply "Donate", which express that concept.

To stop my useless discussion, this is a simple way to always display the reply button, which redirects anonymous users to the login page, without hacking the code.

Edit the file language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini and add the following:
Code:
COM_KUNENA_VIEW_DISABLED="<a class="_QQ_"kicon-button kbuttoncomm btn-left"_QQ_" href="_QQ_"/index.php?option=com_users&view=registration"_QQ_" rel="_QQ_"nofollow"_QQ_" title="_QQ_"Reply to this message."_QQ_"><span class="_QQ_"reply"_QQ_"><span>Reply</span></span></a>"

This modification should work after Kunena updates.

Pay attention to the href value. You will need to modificate it if your Joomla website is in a subdirectory.

You may need to do the same language override to other language files if you have them installed.

- Demis Palma -
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Fox.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds